Thread: NRA Training Contacted

Post imported post

NOTICE

TO: ALL CT NRA INSTRUCTORS,PERMIT TO CARRY HOLDERS AND INTERESTED CT CITIZENS

I just got off the phone with the head of the NRA Training division in Virgina,and explained the fact that NRA instructors are NOT on the same page when discussing Open Carry and other issues regarding CT Permits to Carry during classes that have been given here in CT.

I brought to his attention the fact that the NRA course DOES NOT address state specific laws, regulations and policies regardingopen or conceal carry.

The NRA Training Department may be willing to send out letters to all CT NRA Instructors. Stay tuned for any additional info on this possibility.

I truly believe that ALL NRA instructors in CT should have the opportunity to attend a seminar type meeting to discuss this issue together with other problems and issues being experienced here in Connecticut. WE NEED TOINITIATE A REAL EFFECTIVEEFFORT TO GET ON THE SAME PAGE REGARDING SEVERAL IMPORTANT TOPICS.

I am willing to find a location such as a High School auditorium where a seminar could be held to get everyone on the same page.

I'm curious if anyone else is interested in this idea. (NRA Instructors, NRA Members, or private individuals with a Permit to Carry)

If interested, please contact me at edperuta@amcable.tv

Edward Peruta

Individual may also explore a new group in CT by visiting http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63321754119

Post imported post

I, being an instructor, see the value in this. I believe in order to get people to unite for a common cause you must first educate and inform them. This would be a good use of the NRA/ILA resourses to help with this problem here in CT.It could also be used to show that this undecided direction needs to be addressed and we arer pushing ahead to get this resolved.

Post imported post

I certainly hope that the NRA follows through and you are able to get the event to happen.

All the Best!

Post imported post

I teach OC to my students, but I also tell them how it is with public and LE perceptions in CT.

Exercise your right with caution....stand together (ie. with CCDL)...and perhaps the message will get across someday that OC is both legal and socially ok in CT.

someday soon I hope,

Post imported post

Let us know.