• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC Bias flares again; remember Sawyer's April 10 hit piece?

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

News agencies that serve as propaganda machines should not be afforded constitutional protections.

ABC is not a press agency and should therefore be taken out of it's protected status.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
News agencies that serve as propaganda machines should not be afforded constitutional protections.

ABC is not a press agency and should therefore be taken out of it's protected status.
Like it or not, they are protected by the 1A.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:

Don't agree with it? Censor it!

Sounds perfectly constitutional to me. :quirky

PavePusher

imported post

While I admire to sentiment, I would certainly abhor the practice. Where does it stop? Destroying one right to "protect" another has never had the desired effect, and the unintended consequences are usually horrific.:?

Dispatcher wrote:

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:

More of a sentiment for this particular new agency than anything I'd actually support. I should have been more clear.

Stuff just irks me, that's all.

IanB

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:

The same could be said about Faux News, the most blatent progagandist channel in the US. I think ABC is simply trying to be the leftist answer.

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:

The same could be said about Faux News, the most blatent progagandist channel in the US. I think ABC is simply trying to be the leftist answer.

Right, because none of the other networks, newspapers or magazines will give the lefts point of view... RIGHT!

What ABC should be ashamed, most of the main stream media should be ashamed. The press should be offering a critical assessment, instead they are lap dogs for the far left and this administration.

The idea that Obama and the left cant get there agenda out is a joke, a bad joke.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:

x infinity

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Since fox news is anti gun, how then can abc being anti gun also be called balance?
I thought it was just being a good reporter till they brought out the anti guest,
and the interview looked like a BHO love fest from msnbc.
So balanced is anti v blind blue in the face anti I guess.

Would love to have the 1a amendment fall under the same restrictions as the
2a one for just one year, and then see if the press is so willing to endorse
others rights being trampled so happily.
i.e. subject to local police attitudes, ignoring rulings in their favor,
'reasonable' waiting periods to file stories, background checks before buying
a new camera or typewriter. micro ink patterns on all printers so gov can
find out who printed the news story (oops already doing it).
Expensive federal tax stamps to file stories involving the executive branch,
and needing to get a new stamp if you change a word in the story.
Needing a license to conceal press id.
Paper and pens must be locked up away from each other when traveling.
Pulling out a recorder is brandishing and disorderly conduct.

Lets see how they respond to "common sense laws"

Chaingun81

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Since fox news is anti gun, how then can abc being anti gun also be called balance?
I thought it was just being a good reporter till they brought out the anti guest,
and the interview looked like a BHO love fest from msnbc.
So balanced is anti v blind blue in the face anti I guess.

Would love to have the 1a amendment fall under the same restrictions as the
2a one for just one year, and then see if the press is so willing to endorse
others rights being trampled so happily.
i.e. subject to local police attitudes, ignoring rulings in their favor,
'reasonable' waiting periods to file stories, background checks before buying
a new camera or typewriter. micro ink patterns on all printers so gov can
find out who printed the news story (oops already doing it).
Expensive federal tax stamps to file stories involving the executive branch,
and needing to get a new stamp if you change a word in the story.
Needing a license to conceal press id.
Paper and pens must be locked up away from each other when traveling.
Pulling out a recorder is brandishing and disorderly conduct.

Lets see how they respond to "common sense laws"
Don't give obama and his mafia (i mean administration) any ideas...

Chaingun81

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:

While I often don't agree with Fox, they seem to be the ONLY major channel that has courage and desire to step up to the left and expose their lies and crimes. EVERY other channel is deeply in love with the left and spewing leftist propoganda all around - if anything, it's Fox which is trying to be the rightist answer to thistravesty and yetthey are nowhere close to ABC and alike inhow dirty and blunt their methods are.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The people who bash FOX... Limbaugh, Levin, Savage, Boortz et all... are parrotting other moonbat libs who've never actually listened/watched at all. They'd rather be fed the constant leftard drivel from the DNC propaganda tools... and fools. Constant Commie Kool Aid.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:

While I often don't agree with Fox, they seem to be the ONLY major channel that has courage and desire to step up to the left and expose their lies and crimes. EVERY other channel is deeply in love with the left and spewing leftist propaganda all around - if anything, it's Fox which is trying to be the rightist answer to thistravesty and yetthey are nowhere close to ABC and alike inhow dirty and blunt their methods are.

LOL

If by "rightist" you mean "fascist," then you might have a point.

Faux News is #1 for fear mongering, #1 for propaganda, and #1 for passing off opinion as fact. It's the station designed to cater to the Bush/Reagan lovers that are too stupid to know any better.

No one ever said the other networks are biased, but Faux takes media bias to staggering new heights.

Chaingun81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:

While I often don't agree with Fox, they seem to be the ONLY major channel that has courage and desire to step up to the left and expose their lies and crimes. EVERY other channel is deeply in love with the left and spewing leftist propaganda all around - if anything, it's Fox which is trying to be the rightist answer to thistravesty and yetthey are nowhere close to ABC and alike inhow dirty and blunt their methods are.

LOL

If by "rightist" you mean "fascist," then you might have a point.

Faux News is #1 for fear mongering, #1 for propaganda, and #1 for passing off opinion as fact. It's the station designed to cater to the Bush/Reagan lovers that are too stupid to know any better.

No one ever said the other networks are biased, but Faux takes media bias to staggering new heights.
The only real and strongfacism that exists in the US right now is left-wing, and it's flourishing inDClike never, with roots coming straight out of theWhiteHouse.

I agree that Fox isn't perfect, but at least they actually tell the truth every now and then, unlike the rest of liberal media. ABC and alike are just talking heads for nobama and his gang - kinda like Pravda was for Stalin. They are catering for brainwashed pro-obama zombies because no one with an ounce of brain in the head would be able to watch more than a minute of the inane crap they are spewing.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
The only real and strongfacism that exists in the US right now is left-wing, and it's flourishing inDClike never, with roots coming straight out of theWhiteHouse.

I agree that Fox isn't perfect, but at least they actually tell the truth every now and then, unlike the rest of liberal media. ABC and alike are just talking heads for nobama and his gang - kinda like Pravda was for Stalin. They are catering for brainwashed pro-obama zombies because no one with an ounce of brain in the head would be able to watch more than a minute of the inane crap they are spewing.

I agree with you Chaingun 81 .

The sheep that are feed by the liberal media are at least blissful in their mindless state , however the pain of a sheep that is a liberal thinker must be awful .

What do you think AWDstylez ? Kool Aid ?