• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Welcoming new forum members from Madison area

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Would just like to extend a welcome to new madison members who may have heard the radio ads and dropped in for the first time. Please do post up a reply here in this thread andintroduce yourself, let us know which station you heard about Opencarry.org on, and any other applicable details about your open carry experiences.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are a number of recent Madison area signatures on the petition. Maybe they are just lurking. There isgoing to a lot of interest in open/concealed carry inMadisonas gang violence spreads. Gang shootings are an everyday occurance on the city's southwest side. The city has been unsuccessful in a two year effort to calm"retake" the area. Property values there are sinking and it appears that the mayor and the elitist city council havewritten that part of the city off.

mja1000

imported post

Hello all,

I'm not a new member since the radio ads went out, but I've been silently lurking for a month or so. I am very pleased by the recent momentum of pro-gun rights in Wisconsin. And thanks to you all, I have decided to OC myself and help spread the word. I have OC'd at the local Walmart and some gas stations without incident. I have drafted some letters to some local municipalities to make them aware of their unenforceable preempted firearm ordinances. I also try to casually discuss the topic of OC/CC with friends and acquaintances to help educate and enlighten the population. I am always amazed at how few people actually know what their rights are! Also, thanks to this forum, and the information within. It is a great resource!

Carry On!

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Hey MJA, thanks for posting up. Its nice to hear about other OC'ers.

I'm still looking forward to the first time I run into a fellow freedom exerciser when i'm out and about!

Occasionally when I have a really receptive retail clerk or something who initiates a comment about the gun (which has only happened twice)Iask them if they've had any other customers OC'ing. Not had a "yes" yet. Hopefully soon! I know multiple people here in SE wisconsin OC in the same stores.