Thread: My interesting OC adventure today...

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ahh things started off so well. First I ended up having to rebuild most of my CZ 82 when more pieces came off than I wanted when cleaning and taken apart. Got that done, gathered up my SKS-M, my Mossgerg 44US(c) .22, my Jennings .22 and the ammo I needed. Met a friend at the marina and went in his car to Black Bear Diner. Most enjoyable meal and even got to discuss OC with an elderly gentleman who had lost track of the laws regarding carry.

Then the car broke down. Kaput. Wouldn't go into gear. So a tow truck shows up, and being relatively close to the marina and the opposite way the tow truck is going, decide to walk home.

Had one rifle case in one hand, and the other soft case over my shoulder, backpack full o' ammo and whatnot, and started walking down Black Lake Boulevard to Harrison Avenue. I nearly made it to Harrison. Then I hear sirens. I know what that means.

Officer starts driving towards me, and I make eye contact with him, so we are all on the same page. Gotta love generic MWAG calls. Officer Pearce comes up, shakes my hand and tells me that I had to know they would get a call. I agree, and tell him what happened and why I'm wandering around the west side of Olympia with two rifles and a visible handgun. He invites me to put my guns in his trunk and gives me a ride back to the marina. Had a nice conversation on the way over, and I let him look at my CZ 82 when we got to the marina, he seemed somewhat interested by it. All in all an interesting day.

Kinda feel bad, I was afraid something like this was gonna happen, and nobody likes to get a MWAG call, especially near a mall, but in this case my options were limited, and I didn't have my phone with me to call any friends for a ride back.

Post imported post

Besides the car breaking down, and having to lug the rifles, seems the officer was really professional,

+1 Good Day

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yah the officer was pretty cool. I don't imagine at all they like getting MWAG calls near a mall, he looked kinda annoyed with me at first. I had to ride in the back, no room up front and I saw multiple MWAG calls on his computer read out. At least two officers were responding to them, and they were using sirens to get around....I'm really curious what kind of information their dispatch relied, if any.

Running around Oly with multiple long arms is not something I normally do... At most I'll carry one down to the bus station to go up to an indoor range, and I've NEVER had any contact over that, so I'm guess, OC, two rifles and near the mall set people off.

I was figuring something like that would have gone down...

Post imported post

It might be a good idea to send a letter to his supervisor letting them know that Officer Pearce is a good cop. That kind of positive reinforcement can go along way in letting the OPD know that OCers are the good guys in addition to working on the rule changes that you have done.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yah I've thought about doing that.

Post imported post

Maybe you should have made the MWAG call yourself, BEFORE you walked all that way (it's uphill if I recall correctly). You could have then had a ride sooner.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Maybe you should have made the MWAG call yourself, BEFORE you walked all that way (it's uphill if I recall correctly). You could have then had a ride sooner.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    +1000!!!!!!
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Heheh. Actually I think CapCom (dispatch) screwed the pooch again. I've been told that they never send any kind of information with MWAG calls, and the officers are always going in expecting the worst. I'm not sure what info they get, but at least in my cases it's never actually included any description.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Maybe you should have made the MWAG call yourself, BEFORE you walked all that way (it's uphill if I recall correctly). You could have then had a ride sooner.
    Oh, YEAH!!!

Just like the free cab rides on New Years Eve for folks who had a little to much to drink.

But, year round for openly armed citizens!!

I wonder how long it would take the police to start asking themselves, "Gee, those open carry guys have a lot of car break-downs."

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    So that means you are suggesting to make MWAG call when ever you do not have ride? :P

Post imported post

Certainly not EVERY time, just when the trip is mostly uphill
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

State Researcher

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Certainly not EVERY time, just when the trip is mostly uphill
    Well the trip was on fairly level ground.