• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

permit needed for open carry?

357mag mama

imported post

I am a legal gun owner in Indiana. I have several guns I bought atmy local dealer after the election of 2008. I don't have a concealed carry permit. I was just wondering if a CCP is needed to "open carry" my S&W 357 off my rural property? Do you have to have and carry a permit to have a handgun you legally own on your person and in plain site, or can you just carry openly a handgun you legally own in Indiana? Thanks.

Skippy

imported post

Indiana doesn't have a CCP, we have an LTCH (License To Carry Handgun). You don't need one to carry on your own property, but you must have one if you step foot OFF your property (with a few very specific exceptions). Open or concealed is not addressed in Indiana law.