• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new truck holster

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I think I am pretty much done with it. I made it so the holster actually slides in and out of a mount under the CB thus allowing the holster to be removed and hidden when parked. I also used a Blackhawk serpa holster to provide retention as it is a truck so it can get bumpy at times. I may refine the mount by shortening it up some which would bring it closer to the CB and the dash but we will see. A cop can NEVER call this concealed:celebrate

0616092025-1.jpg

tapper95

imported post

unless he is a little short and the cb hides it..... jk....

But isn't that a little of a reach? I'd think slightly lower and closer to your hand would be better... unless of course the issue of it being in plain view is the primary purpose... If your seat belt temporarily (or not so temporarily) locked up due to a sudden stop or swerve (which could be a real possibility if you were in a SHTF sitaution) would you still be able to reach it?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

tapper95 wrote:
unless he is a little short and the cb hides it..... jk....

But isn't that a little of a reach? I'd think slightly lower and closer to your hand would be better... unless of course the issue of it being in plain view is the primary purpose... If your seat belt temporarily (or not so temporarily) locked up due to a sudden stop or swerve (which could be a real possibility if you were in a SHTF sitaution) would you still be able to reach it?
It brings up a good question and it is within reach but I'm not sure if I was all the way back in my seat that I could grab it. My main thing is making sure that I am OC and I can't mount it anywhere because it needs to be hidden from my parents. The way it is now the gun is secure while driving, visible, and the holster easily slides out thus leaving it undetectable when I am parked.

Galt

imported post

It's hard to tell from the small picture but take note of passenger airbag deployment. Often it comes out as a large rectangle and you wouldn't want it to smack the gun, turning it into a projectile.