Thread: Trader Joe's in Vancouver

Post imported post

I am in Vancouver for work and was shopping at the Trader Joe's. I asked a fellow to point me in the direction of their salt & pepper. I turned go where directed and he follows me.

"Man what is it today? I have worked here for four years and never seen anyone with a pistol and today you are the fourth one!"

I told him he was just lucky that's all. I told him about ocdo, the fact that it is legal and that he should try it some time. We went on to talk of ammo shortages and such and I then paid for my goods while flirting with the hot ginger lady behind the register.

So who else was out there today?

Post imported post

I've OC'd my full size .45 in there 'bout a half dozen times without comment. Never saw anyone else though.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I figured them to be an anti gun , hippy establishment, but I never have had a problem there at the Bellingham Store. Sometimes stereotyping can go both ways. They have never mentioned my gun and have been the usual happy , helpful staff.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Agreed! Infact the Trader Joe's in Burien was the first place I publicly oc'd.

This fellow's comments were in no way negative, just suprised at the number he had seen that day. He was a gun owner himself and was in no way anti that I could tell.