• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trader Joe's in Vancouver

metricinch

imported post

I am in Vancouver for work and was shopping at the Trader Joe's. I asked a fellow to point me in the direction of their salt & pepper. I turned go where directed and he follows me.

"Man what is it today? I have worked here for four years and never seen anyone with a pistol and today you are the fourth one!"

I told him he was just lucky that's all. I told him about ocdo, the fact that it is legal and that he should try it some time. We went on to talk of ammo shortages and such and I then paid for my goods while flirting with the hot ginger lady behind the register.

So who else was out there today?

Phssthpok

imported post

I've OC'd my full size .45 in there 'bout a half dozen times without comment. Never saw anyone else though.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I figured them to be an anti gun , hippy establishment, but I never have had a problem there at the Bellingham Store. Sometimes stereotyping can go both ways. They have never mentioned my gun and have been the usual happy , helpful staff.

metricinch

imported post

Agreed! Infact the Trader Joe's in Burien was the first place I publicly oc'd.

This fellow's comments were in no way negative, just suprised at the number he had seen that day. He was a gun owner himself and was in no way anti that I could tell.