• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheridan OC

apwhite

imported post

Yes, I open carry in Sheridan. Not necessarily 100% of the time, but quite frequently. I do opt to conceal some of the time depending upon the weather/my attire.

Haven't had any issues in the past year or so since moving here. As with many places most folks just don't even notice and those that do are more interested in what I'm carrying.

Paladin

imported post

I have been open carrying in Sheridan for the past 25 years or more, whenever we go to visit the in laws, as well as the brief time I lived there. I have carried all over town without incident. I've had a couple of questions, once many years ago before the Walmart was super sized, when an associate stopped me at the door and asked if I knew I was wearing my sidearm (?). I said of course, where is yours? Long story short, nothing more was ever said.

The second time was in Perkins several years ago when an old lady commented on my sidearm, but nothing from the store employees.

I've carried up town, down town, and all around town and no one seems to notice.

David

AB

imported post

The only reason Ibrought upSheridan, is I had someone call me about an aboutan officer that gave him a hard time.

I called Sheridan PD and experienced some push-back, if I had ben was there in person, I can't help but to think that this officer would have been "hands-on".

The officer asked me "what are you doing" and "do you have a CCW permit".

He stated that "if you were going to be in town with a gun, there would be calls" and "it's not common to see armed individuals in Sheridan"

I told him that I OCed all over the state including Cheyenne and Laramie the two most liberal areas of the state and don't have a problem.

I also explained that a "man with gun" call was insufficient reason to believe that criminal activity was afoot.

He was unimpressed to say the least.

OC in Sheridan must be visible to LE, so we can see how the respond.

If there is any stupidity on behalf of LE we must "nip it in the butt".

inhoc_z28

imported post

I open carry about every single day in Sheridan. I have never been stopped or asked about it. Walmart, gas stations, shiptons, movie theatre and all over downtown.