• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WWII Walther PP .32 German Luger?

Lord_Kalen

imported post

Ive OC'd a C-96 on occasion and atm its on my hip .

C&R pistols are decent OC pistols , kinda "hip jewellery" with self defense capability.My C-96 has often drawn more intrigued thenalarmed looks and comments

Theres many modern holsters for the Ruger .22 semis that are about the size and shape of the P-08 , aswell as good repro holsters ...

Legality of the full flap Military holsters may be abit tricky , in AZ with its defined Legal OC laws it would be 100% legal , in WA where I am I guess some Over achievers in a PD and Prosecuter could try and define it as CC ... you'd need to check your local laws maybe post on the michigan state section

Im not overly familiar with whats safe carry of a P-08. and would carry unchambered , and as for carrying when driving once again look up state law you may need to unload it and make sure its in plain view

last thing rereading I see you calling the gun a Walther P32 , PP .32, aswell as a luger can you clear up Whether its the , toggle action Luger P-08, the small James Bond like Polizie Pistole, or the double action 9mm full size Walther P-38 ?? more of a personal interest then of legal concern

RedKnightt

imported post

This is why I want a nice C-96 to OC. The looks alone draw interest, and it's a pretty nice handgun. I also love people looking at it and saying "Isn't that Han Solo's gun?" :D

Alexcabbie

imported post

What the hell is a "Walther P.32??". Are you talking about a PP or PPK in .32 caliber or what?? I'm kinda-sorta "the Walther Guy" here and I don't know what TF you are talking about, so please enlighten me.:)

DanYolSon

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
BTW a "WALTHER pp .32 LUGER"???? Lugers were what Walther's pistols replaced. What you describe is kinda like saying "amc Gremlin Coup DeVille".
lol as i said i was pretty trashed when i posted that. I must've been typing half what i was thinking and half what i needed to say. I own lots of different WWII German pistols. The one I was talking about carrying is the 1939 dated Walther PP. .32 auto 7,65 mm cartridges.

DanYolSon

imported post

Lord_Kalen wrote:
Ive OC'd a C-96 on occasion and atm its on my hip .

C&R pistols are decent OC pistols , kinda "hip jewellery" with self defense capability.My C-96 has often drawn more intrigued thenalarmed looks and comments

Theres many modern holsters for the Ruger .22 semis that are about the size and shape of the P-08 , aswell as good repro holsters ...

Legality of the full flap Military holsters may be abit tricky , in AZ with its defined Legal OC laws it would be 100% legal , in WA where I am I guess some Over achievers in a PD and Prosecuter could try and define it as CC ... you'd need to check your local laws maybe post on the michigan state section

Im not overly familiar with whats safe carry of a P-08. and would carry unchambered , and as for carrying when driving once again look up state law you may need to unload it and make sure its in plain view

last thing rereading I see you calling the gun a Walther P32 , PP .32, aswell as a luger can you clear up Whether its the , toggle action Luger P-08, the small James Bond like Polizie Pistole, or the double action 9mm full size Walther P-38 ?? more of a personal interest then of legal concern
Thanks for your input! I found a holster without a flap and I've used it a few times for OC. Works out great and of COURSE I keep it unchambered too. It really is "hip jewelry" and it'll have to make due until I get my glock off of layaway or find a dealer at one of our local gunshows who'd be interested in any of my German wartime pistols.