• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Midland Rail Trail

viperar15

imported post

so on the news i heard that in Midland there was a girl on rollerblades and a guy tried to grab her. sounds like she's ok, but damn... that shit pisses me off.

so i was thinking!

it might be time for a Midland get-together. And not just be a normal sitdown in the restraunt type deal. In Midland during the summer we have Tridge Music Days (or whatever they are called). We could possibly setup a table during one of these events, have a bunch of us out there. And then maybe even a group of us go for a mile or 2 walk on the trail.

This could potentially get the information out to a good amount of people. Especially to those that walk or ride on the rail trail. There are points where you are on that trail away from anyplace safe to run to if you needed.

If anyone is interested in this, let me know and I can try calling people to find out what it would take to setup a table during one of these days!

viperar15

imported post

cool. i'm not sure what the plans are yet. i just thought about it today on my way into work.

i'm thinking...

Info Table during the Tridge Shows and a group of guys walking the rail trail and/or park with info on hand if asked about it.

Michigander

imported post

Found out I'll be coming through there for sure. Won't be able to carry though, because we stop at schools to camp over night, and even with a CPL, it could easilybe biting off more than I can chew to open carry on the grounds of numerous schools across the state. :banghead:

emptypockets

imported post

The Trail is a nice place to walk. Too bad some BG's like to hang out there and terrorize those of us who just want to get some exercise. Maybe with more guys knowing its legal to OC they'll walk the Trail and make the perverts think twice about the people they target.

I like the idea about the Midland event. I'll keep an eye out for what and when.

Michigander

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
Any updates? I'd like to attend a Midland event. I'd really like to organize one, but my health doesn't permit that much activity.
How about something at or near the Tridge?