• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sac Sheriff Considers more CCW permits

nukechaser

imported post

... and like they say in Chicago, "Vote early, vote often!"

In a county where we have a 0.02% issuance rate, I guess any increase is good since you can only go up from zero. (260 permits out of a county of, what, 400,000?)

The poll is here:

http://www.kcra.com/as-seen-on-kcra/19758319/detail.html

The fact that the sheriff admits that fewer officers on the streets means folks might have to fend for themselves, I wonder if UOC will get any recognition as a method of protecting oneself from crime without the fees, rectal exam, renewals, etc. associated with a CCW?

Of course, the Brady Bunch has their panties in a wad over this. :celebrate

Thoughts?

AyatollahGondola

imported post

It's probably a scare tactic aimed at the county supervisors during their budget deliberations. I doubt he really means it. But it's good to at least see it in print. The Sac Bee still hasn't distributed any news of this as of this writing.

I think open carry is a better deterrent, but concealed is a good addition to that because it might give pause to criminals that just because they don't see a gun, doesn't mean there isn't one. You know, "do you feel lucky today?"

demnogis

imported post

There's a thread in the Calguns forums about Sacramento's CCW permit policy. Apparently their permit has the 1000 ft GFSZ limitation on it. That and you have to request specific limitations not be on there when applying.

It's understandable as to why someone who lives or works there and has a CCW permit got it from another county.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

With law enforcement cuts possible, would you consider applying for a concealed weapon permit?

I had to answer "No." Most of you know my opinion on paying a tax and/or taking a test to exercise a right, so I'll spare you all the rant.

nukechaser

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
With law enforcement cuts possible, would you consider applying for a concealed weapon permit?

I had to answer "No." Most of you know my opinion on paying a tax and/or taking a test to exercise a right, so I'll spare you all the rant.

10-4... I totally understand from where you are coming. But it is nice to totally show how folks support their right to carry, especially on a mainstream media's page.

Can you imagine taking a test and paying fees to go to church, or to write or speak?

Yet CCW is just that...

(There... I kinda ranted on your behalf) ;)