• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Californian here wondering about Vegas Gun Show..

Streetbikerr6

imported post

So I've never been, though apparently when I'm in vegas around July 4th, it will be in town. Are there good deals? If so, on what? Can I do a private party purchase with someone without a background check? What I mean is, is there a waiting period? Becuase I will only be in Vegas for like 3 days. Do they sell silencers, banana clips, automatic rifles (all the cool shit California is afraid of). Are they allowed to sell it to someone with a CA i.d.?

Is it worth the stop? Because I dont want to cut into my drinking/party time too much if it isnt worth my whilehaha.

geoffw

imported post

The only thing you can purchase here that you cant in CA, without showing IDis Hi-Cap Magazines.

For Guns , you must be a NV resident, and there is a background check and 3-day wait period on handguns but not rifles. If you already own a handgun and have a blue card to prove it, then there is no wait period.

My opinion, dont waste your time going to another @#$%ty gun show. The prices are higher than in the stores. You have to pay to get in and then be bombarded with junk dealers such as the beanie baby booth, beef jerky, etc.

Decoligny

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
So I've never been, though apparently when I'm in vegas around July 4th, it will be in town. Are there good deals? If so, on what? Can I do a private party purchase with someone without a background check? What I mean is, is there a waiting period? Becuase I will only be in Vegas for like 3 days. Do they sell silencers, banana clips, automatic rifles (all the cool @#$% California is afraid of). Are they allowed to sell it to someone with a CA i.d.?

Is it worth the stop? Because I dont want to cut into my drinking/party time too much if it isnt worth my whilehaha.

No, you cannot buy a gun in another state and bring it back into California.

All firearms transfers need to be done through an FFL.

You could purchase a firearm in Nevada and have the seller ship it to a California FFL, just be prepared to spend about $100.00 for the transfer fee.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

oh ok thanks a lot guys. I think high cap mags are the only thing I will be buying then, though I could buy that from any local gun shop.

Thanks again

Decoligny

imported post

If you buy the Hi cap mags, you better make sure they are disassembled before bringing them back into California. Importing parts (even all at once) is legal, importing assembled Hi Cap mags is not, and neither is assembling them once they are in the state.

If you don't already have pre-ban Hi Cap mags that you are intending to use the parts for, why bother buying the new ones? If you import them it's a crime. If you assemble them it's a crime.

12020 (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be
manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity
magazine.