• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained in Home Depot

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
SNIP If you guess wrong [about whether the officer has genuine RAS] and start to walk away, you may trigger a physically compelling response from the LEO. Tackled, tasered?
Oooo. Ouch. Here is a timely video. The taser-eewouldhave thought the LEOs did not have RAS.The actual circumstances are abit different, but it speaks to the point of acting, or failing to act as demanded, based onwrongly guessing the LEO's lack of authority.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e47_1245351007

CaptainDan

imported post

Evening Gentlemen,

I'm back on the boat again but I'll try to check in from time to time. The signal out here is unreliable and painfully slow when at all.

Be back home in a couple of weeks. Till then like I said it's gonna be hit and miss. You guys take it easy.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

derf wrote:
1. I didn't ask for your warped opinion, I stated my opinion.
Your statist opinion is contrary to this country's founding principles and a highway to tyranny.

How far this country's fallen if you think freedom is "warped?"

smoking357

Banned
imported post

derf wrote:
No, your posts are very helpful, unlike the plethora of cracksmoking posts that aren't.
Knock off the personal attacks. Just because you can't win the argument here, as people are pro-rights in the forum, doesn't mean you should stray off topic and try to win some quarrel with me. I'm not the topic. Mind your manners, and stay on point.

derf

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
derf wrote:
No, your posts are very helpful, unlike the plethora of cracksmoking posts that aren't.
Knock off the personal attacks. Just because you can't win the argument here, as people are pro-rights in the forum, doesn't mean you should stray off topic and try to win some quarrel with me. I'm not the topic. Mind your manners, and stay on point.
Post something useful. There is a useful discussion going on and you pop in and spout crap. I'm not the only one who thinks you are spouting crap. It isn't personal. It is opinion based on the content you post. I'm not saying you suck. I'm saying your posts suck.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
derf wrote:
you pop in and spout crap.
Seriously, knock off the personal attacks. Make an argument or an on-topic response, or be silent.
Why don't you do the same instead of denying our rights and telling us what to do..

Are you a cop?:cuss::cuss:

Sure are acting like a fascist.

charlie12

imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
derf wrote:
Seriously, knock off the personal attacks. Make an argument or an on-topic response, or be silent.
Why don't you do the same instead of denying our rights and telling us what to do..

Are you a cop?:cuss::cuss:

Sure are acting like a fascist.

I wonder if old smokin dope has any youtube videos? I would love to see him.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
derf wrote:
You have a right to make personal attacks? You'd better check the TOS.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
nolacopusmc wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
derf wrote: 
You have a right to make personal attacks? You'd better check the TOS.

But you do right?

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Wow, this Nazi cop needs to serve many years in jail for these multiple civil rights crimes.

We need some sort of alarm that goes out to OC'ers to inform us when a brother is in trouble so the thin red line can respond immediately and close the line around the offender.

Was this female officer acting under color of state law? If so, she's able to be named in a Sec. 1983 claim.

She;s just ignorant to constitutional rights of self defense especially being able to open carry. No need to break out the rope.

Golden Rule ring a bell ?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
She;s just ignorant to constitutional rights of self defense especially being able to open carry. No need to break out the rope.

I might agree with you if she hadn't included this:

Then she asked me how she was to know the firearm was not stolen...

Then she asked me what my qualifications for carrying a side arm were and what kind of training I had...

She also informed me as I was leaving that some one could easily take my sidearm and use it against me...

None of those are necessary toknowing the legality of OC. Especially, that first one. It shows a real lack of understanding of the 4th Amendment.

Dustin

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

I might agree with you if she hadn't included this:

Then she asked me how she was to know the firearm was not stolen...

Then she asked me what my qualifications for carrying a side arm were and what kind of training I had...

She also informed me as I was leaving that some one could easily take my sidearm and use it against me...

None of those are necessary toknowing the legality of OC. Especially, that first one. It shows a real lack of understanding of the 4th Amendment.
Ok so she is REALLY ignorant :lol:Just like some OC.ers, this girl is a really bad examplefor LEO's. I'm quite certain those questions were NO WHERE in any Departments SOP.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dustin wrote:
SNIP Ok so she is REALLY ignorant :lol:Just like some OC.ers, this girl is a really bad examplefor LEO's. I'm quite certain those questions were NO WHERE in any Departments SOP.
:).

I think it goes deeper than that, though.

Based on her conduct, when compared to a number of similar sour police encounters reported here, I conclude that she knew OC was legal. And was trying to intimidate the OPer.

The real problem is that she violated the 4th Amendment to do it. And was rather obnoxious in her violation.

Forget the 2A for the moment. The real problem is her willingness to violate someone's 4A rights just to indulge her antipathy to OC.

I'm betting a person like that has broken the 4Abefore, perhaps with some frequency. I think it highly unlikely that she said to herself, "Hmmm. There is an OCer. For the first time in my career I am going to violate someone's 4A rights."