Thread: Shearon Harris Lake?

Post imported post

Good evening...Little help here please.

I usually carry concealed down here in SC when I'm fishing. I have a SC CCHP. I want to make a trip to NC to take some buddies fishing at Harris Lake. I've only been there once, years ago. I know that it's a nuke plant lake. Does that mean that the whole property is federal land? Would I be able to open carry on the lake? I know there's a bouy string preventing you from getting too close to the plant. Is there a no weapons sign posted at the boat ramps? Thanks for your help.

Post imported post

Skydiver107 wrote:
    Good evening...Little help here please.

I usually carry concealed down here in SC when I'm fishing. I have a SC CCHP. I want to make a trip to NC to take some buddies fishing at Harris Lake. I've only been there once, years ago. I know that it's a nuke plant lake. Does that mean that the whole property is federal land? Would I be able to open carry on the lake? I know there's a bouy string preventing you from getting too close to the plant. Is there a no weapons sign posted at the boat ramps? Thanks for your help.
    I don't know the laws about that lake but it is a privately owned lake not Federal Property. Progress Energy owns it and all the land around it unless they have sold that money pit to someone. Since it is a nuke plant there may be some Fed Regulations.

Post imported post

Harris is both state gamelands, and wake county park, as well as private water.

See http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg04_Hunti...ont/Harris.pdf for the where you can have guns and not on the game lands, all normal regulations for them apply.
    and see below about the county areas, they ARE marked, they are NO GUN posted areas.
    from wake county gov site, at http://www.wakegov.com/parks/harrislake/default.htm
    Park Rules and Regulations: Safety and enjoyment go hand in hand at Harris Lake County Park. The following rules and regulations have been established to ensure a safe and pleasant visit.

Speed limit is 20 mph.
    Pets must be restrained on a leash – 6 feet max.
    Open fires are not allowed.
    Park only in designated areas. No parking on roadsides or grass.
    The following are prohibited:
    Alcoholic beverages
    Firearms
    Hunting
    Overnight camping
    Swimming
    Collection or removal of any animal or plant material
    Amplified music

Post imported post

Ok, thanks guys.