• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ask me why I carry?

LaVere

imported post

Shoot outs and Killings all over Flint Why would you not carry.
3654018360_fe8b41ac71_o.jpg

3653228371_8ddfe48e20_o.jpg

3657896698_11059d5833_o.jpg

Link http://url.ie/1ww2

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Smoothsounds21 wrote:
Maybe you should move. It would suck to not even be able to feel safe with a gun on your hip.

Having a gun doesn't make me feel safe (nor does the lack of a gun make me feel less safe).

It makes me feel better prepared.

DarKRaceR

imported post

Why not carry, I do it because its my right 1 and 2 to be a visual detterant in my neighborhood. Anything I can do to help keep my little piece of Detroit safeis a step in the right direction.

viperar15

imported post

i carry... because 1 of michigan's most wanted lived about 1.5miles down my street (though i didn't know it). they finally got him though.... after the neighbor was yelled at to tackle the guy:-D

but that is only 1 of my reasons.

Veritas

imported post

I carry for a variety of reasons... probably for many of the same that most ordinary folks carry so there's little need to rehash them all. But if I'm being squarely challenged by someone to give them a reason for carrying; I'm inclined to respond with, "This isn't WWII Germany or Communist China... I don't need to give reasons for invoking rights."

malignity

imported post

This reminds me of a neighborhood I pass through on the way to work.

There's lawn signs on everyone's lawn saying something like "New and improved Neighborhood Watch, keeping the Neighborhood safe." Then, on one guy's lawn in the midst of all these signs, there's an "NRA" sign. I thought it was absolutely epic.

Btw, I carry because seconds count, and cops are minutes away.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Everyone has the right to defend themselves from any threat. Whether it be sticks or stones, or a 45acp.

I agree Veritas, we do not need a reason. My reason for carrying is as important as your right to voice out about it.

Veritas

imported post

malignity wrote:
This reminds me of a neighborhood I pass through on the way to work.

There's lawn signs on everyone's lawn saying something like "New and improved Neighborhood Watch, keeping the Neighborhood safe." Then, on one guy's lawn in the midst of all these signs, there's an "NRA" sign. I thought it was absolutely epic.

Btw, I carry because seconds count, and cops are minutes away.
I'll end up being "that guy" one day. Around here, it seems that a few neighbors do something with their yard and everyone follows suit. Like lawn lamps and flag poles... you see one, then two, then suddenly a dozen more pop up over the weekend. I'd like a flag pole... I just have to find a spot that won't interfere with my trees. That'll come after I finish deciding how I want to landscape (and then actually DOING the work). :p

But unlike most folks flying flags, I would probably be inclined to fly the Gadsden flag instead of the US flag. I might even tack a Michigan flag up there too.

Leader

imported post

I carry because I spent so much money on the class & the license I figured I should. Besides, I bought a really nice Kal-Tec PF-9.

Took the class because the sportsman club I belonged to offered it & I wanted to learn more about handgun safety & usage. Turned out, my Father did a fine job of teaching me.

Few years later I applied for the license because it made it easier to transport my .357 for deer hunting. The laws in MI. are so screwed up you can't hardly touch a handgun without violating some law.

Now I am just old and cantankerous and by me carrying, I have gotten others in my family to get involved. One even got his own license. Looks like some of the women will get guns for themselves.

I'm too old to run or fight, so I'll just shoot anybody that messes with me. Anybody that sees an old fart open carrying a gun figures he's crazy enough to use it. That's an advantage to old age, you just don't care anymore. I have a good chance of dieing before they can get me to trial.

Michigander

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Having a gun doesn't make me feel safe (nor does the lack of a gun make me feel less safe).

It makes me feel better prepared.
Exactly. Although, I do feel incomplete, or "naked" without my gun being with me. No different than not having my wallet or phone.