• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Military CC/OC/Mil code of justice please post some

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
I can definitely see that the standards are way much higher and not to say there are not CID who eventually end up in the FBI. Im glad this post sprung up some thoughts and everyone has been posting on it.And anyone who knows Mil Bases that are ok to OC please post the locations and their base commander info bases have bad guys to.

Glad I did post this and not get my car inspected when I go visit my buddies on base and get arrested for being dumb.
I think we are getting MPs SPs etc confused with Army CID agents, Air Force OSI agents, and Navy NCIS agents who indeed have LEO status.

Your day to day MP is not a sworn LEO. The CID/OSI/NCIS agent is a Federally sworn LEO.
You left out one... CGIS ;). They're sworn feds like the others listed above.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Well I must say that I am glad I posted this topic.Got some really great replies,aggravated some for my utter ignorance of the Military and that was my whole reason for posting this.
So what have I learned No OC on Mlitary bases,I lived on base from when I was born till I turned 20 and never had to deal with this one.
Thanks for all your posts I really appreciate it and I will use better vernacular as not to use txt while i jk on our psts whiskey tango foxtrot rofl

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I was lucky to have NEVER lived on a base while growing up. My mom wouldn't hear of it. While I was AD, I lived on several bases. My 4 kids were born in 4 different states. We lived on base for 2 of them. It was better to get BAH than to live on base... Too many busy-bodies and housing inspections once a year.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I must say it was pretty sweet getting to see the Berlin Wall fall,Living down the street from George Washingtons house,and living in a once active volcano where they store all of the oil for the navy ship yard or maybe that was just a rumor who knows. But Amr was pretty cool in Hawaii,I was going to look at it online the otherday and Google dosent have any pictures?

LEO 229

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
1.Can a active, inactive,or veteran US Military service member CC with out a permit in all states?
2.Are Military Police,SP's,DOD Police officers afforded the same protection that most states have, a stated law or un said rule that they may carry on their person as they wish. In Ohio the FOP is afforded the right to carry CC with out a permit. Even after they have retired.
3. Detainment,can Us Military personal make a arrest of a citizen off base or outside of their jurisdiction in the United States.
Bravo Tango Whiskey (BTW) I am an MP brat so I know some stuff just not everything guess thats what I get for being rebelious and not listening to my pops when young lol.
4. I heard something that I can own a m16 in Ohio because my Dad is in the Army I havent come accross this in the ORCs but who can give me an anwser?
5.Can someone please post some Uniform Code of Justice for OC on Mil Bases. If I decide to go bk to Hawaii or visit a base I wanna know the law.

#1 You are asking if active and former military can conceal carry in all states without a permit.

There is no US exemption for military. Each state has different rules.

#2 You are asking if military police and department of defense police can carry concealed without a permit.

Again, it depends on the state and there is no US exemption for the military.

As for any "unsaid" or "unspoken" rule... it depends on the police department. In most cases... NO. Military police agencies are not viewed as "cops" but more like security guards. They are lucky to even write parking and traffic tickets on base. They have no credentials to identify they are "police".

The FOP isthe Fraternal Order of Police unless you are speaking of some other entity. You do not "retire" from the FOP and I doubt they are given any express permission to carry without a permit.

#3 You are asking if the military police have some lawful authority to make arrests off base or if they can make arrests on land other than the USA.

In a word... No. The militaryare no different than any other citizen.While in the US it may be possible to make a "citizen's arrest" for serious crimes. Outside the USA you have to follow the laws of that country.

#4 You are asking about owing a full auto M-16 rifle.

Any citizen can own an M-16 if they qualify and their state does not prohibit machine gun ownership. It has NOTHING to do with your father being military.

You just need about $16,000 and pay a $200 tax stamp to the BATF and you too can own one.

#5 You are asking about the laws of firearm possession on military bases.

Soldiers must turn in their weapons to the base armory and are not permitted to just carry or transport them around on base. As a civilian.. I do not see how you could legally transport or carry a firearm on base. This could get you in trouble.

Bustelo5%

imported post

See this is a pretty weird topic for me because I have lived on base till about 4 years ago and I never even thought about it till I thought,What if I go back to Hawaii and visit friends. I still have a ton of friends who work at the NEX which is just a facility now its not on Peal Harbor,sadly they bought my friends house where 5 generations of Native Hawaiians grew up,not locals,but NAtive Hawaiians and since the Navy owned it,they turned it into a praking lot. Back on point Amr defintly had signs about searching and a whole list of stuff I just never paid attention to it.
Ohh Amr is Aliamanu Military Reservation neer Pearl Harbor,its 80% army and the rest is a mix of branches.Its base housing for Ft Shafter some Marine and Navy untill the Navy spent like 30 mil on Townhome housing which is not on a base or reservation and you can drive right through it but they have Marine Mps patrol it,way nicer than AMR with the Asbestos Hooahhh.