• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A request about posting news stories

MichaelWDean

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
I'm trying to talk my grandmother into leaving Jamestown and coming down to PA where almost the entire family is, but good luck selling the house there, even if it IS on the lake...
More small world....If you need a damn good realtor in that county, there's always my dad.

He was born in the Jamestown hospital (as he likes to say, "in the same birthing room as Lucile Ball"). He was born in 1920. But still works, because he's that kind of guy.

He's 2A friendly too (only other person in my family who is. The rest are inveterate leftists). He and I used to shoot his .22, hunting bunnies. We ate 'em too.

MWD

MichaelWDean

imported post

Did you ever go fishing in Chautauqua lake? I used to do that as a kid, loved it. Never caught any muskie, but caught lots of perch and bass.

I grew up in Westfield, lived in Mayville for a while, summered in Chautauqua. My mother had a store in Chautauqua Institution. I went to a reform school in Paoli, Pennsylvania for high school. Got kicked out in 11th grade and went to JCC when I was 17, instead of going back to Westfield High School for my senior year. Got my high school diploma through JCC. Flunked out my second year at JCC because I cut classes to go to the Prendergast Library so I could actually learn something.

I used to love July 4th how everyone would light road flayers all around Chautauqua Lake. Remember that? Beautiful!

MWD

Here's me on Lake Erie in Westfield, in 1970. Always ahead of the fashion curve, I was dressing grunge 20 years before it existed!

grudge.jpg

p/s written after last post on this thread:
The thread got locked. I know we'd completely lost the "Open Carry" plot, but...

Isn't there a rule on the Internet of "If you start a topic, you can ramble and hijack that thread as much as you like!"? (Lol...maybe that's only my rule, but I do go by that on sites I run myself.)
:cool::p:celebrate

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

I grew up living with my grandparents. They had a house in Lakewood and a summer house on the lake in West Ellicott. I was never really into fishing, to be honest. I don't eat fish, and always had a fish tank, so to me fish = little scaly buddies.

They still do flares every year, but the fireworks have been lacking for the last decade.. or maybe I grew up, but either way I don't bother with them anymore.