Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: new toy

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    st.joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    187

    Post imported post

    Just bought a new carry pistol. high point 9mm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions about that make of hand gun. never mind just found the other post on high points.

  2. #2
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    LOL.

    NM the NM....

    Glocks look like a brick.

    Hi-point IS the brick.



    Other than polishing the feed ramp, and a little longer break in than normal, I haven't heard anything bad about them...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    84

    Post imported post

    I have a Hi-Point. I love it. It does what it's suppose to do when you pull the trigger. It is my carry pistol.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kalispell, Montana, USA
    Posts
    260

    Post imported post

    If it is all you can afford to get you along, then fine. I know they go bang everytime you pull the trigger and are backed up by one of the best CS Warranty replacements for parts and service in the industry.



  5. #5
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    I have the C9 9mm pistol and the 995 9mm carbine and both of them are very reliable and accurate as well.

    Polish that feed ramp and keep the mags clean and you shouldn't have too many problems.

    Also I have found that Federal Tactical HST and Federal Hydroshocks seem to feed the best for carry ammo. They have a rather pointy hollow point compared to some others.

    If you do run into problems here are the links to a couple of forums dedicated to Hi Points.

    http://www.hipointtalk.com
    http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  6. #6
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005

    Post imported post

    Just me sayin' it,,bein an old stick in the mud. But no weapon I ever owned did I ever consider a toy. They are inanimate objects that when in the hands of the wrong (or right) person are lethal (in the right hands), and dangerous (in the wrong hands). I do however consider the joy you have at owning your weapon. It means you now can excersize your right to self determination. Great! And I'm sure you will become proficient with said firearm and it will bring you inner peace. Remember what IT and you stand for! Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    Keep your powder dry!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    st.joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    187

    Post imported post

    Took my new c9 9mm to the range today, i love it fired two hundred rounds through it never jamed'fired every round perfect,a very accurate pistol,it is now my new full time oc weapon.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    Gun man what kind of ammo did you fire through your C9?
    Tomorrow I am actully going to buy one,I dont have alot of cash but the factory is about 40 mins away from where I live. Irony is that is barley any gun stores sell them in the Akron Area totally confused. I would think there would be a factory store here or somethin since Akron is the closest city to mansfield.
    Well im looking foward to tomorrow.yayy

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    Guns, much like hammers and wrenches are tools, not toys.

    I buy some tools from harbor freight with the understanding that the thing is probably going to snap in half after a few uses.

    If I was to keep a tool, I buy Craftsman.

    If I want to defend my life with a pistol, I buy Glock.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    OK BS Why Glock why not Baretta like my pops in the Army carried? I guess why do you think they are so good. I do think they are great more for the simplistic nature of them with like what 5 parts I think thats pretty cool. But 500 for a gun right now is alot.

  11. #11
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I buy some tools from harbor freight with the understanding that the thing is probably going to snap in half after a few uses.

    If I was to keep a tool, I buy Craftsman.

    If I want to defend my life with a pistol, I buy Glock.


    Get outta my head!!:shock:
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  12. #12
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Bustelo5% wrote:
    OK BS Why Glock why not Baretta like my pops in the Army carried? I guess why do you think they are so good. I do think they are great more for the simplistic nature of them with like what 5 parts I think thats pretty cool. But 500 for a gun right now is alot.
    I went down the same road..

    Bypassed the hi-point and bought a used PT-92 for 275$...

    The PT-92 is damn near identical to the Beretta M9/92FS with the exception of the frame mounted safety instead of the slide mounted safety. It's even made at a former Beretta factory in Brazil, with Beretta molds....

    I had it for about 8 months, saved up some more money, then sold it and used my other saved cash to get a Glock 17.... I upgraded the 17 now a year later to the G21SF, and couldn't be happier.

    I started with 9mm because of the inexpensive rounds (compared to .45) and I wanted to get as much training/practice as possible.... I put about 100 rounds down range every week, at a minimum, for the past almost 2 years.... That's a lot of ammo.. Once I was comfortable, and didn't feel the need to go to the range once a week, I bought my .45, and that's what I'll stick to
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330

    Post imported post

    TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Bustelo5% wrote:
    OK BS Why Glock why not Baretta like my pops in the Army carried? I guess why do you think they are so good. I do think they are great more for the simplistic nature of them with like what 5 parts I think thats pretty cool. But 500 for a gun right now is alot.
    I went down the same road..

    Bypassed the hi-point and bought a used PT-92 for 275$...

    The PT-92 is damn near identical to the Beretta M9/92FS with the exception of the frame mounted safety instead of the slide mounted safety. It's even made at a former Beretta factory in Brazil, with Beretta molds....

    I had it for about 8 months, saved up some more money, then sold it and used my other saved cash to get a Glock 17.... I upgraded the 17 now a year later to the G21SF, and couldn't be happier.

    I started with 9mm because of the inexpensive rounds (compared to .45) and I wanted to get as much training/practice as possible.... I put about 100 rounds down range every week, at a minimum, for the past almost 2 years.... That's a lot of ammo.. Once I was comfortable, and didn't feel the need to go to the range once a week, I bought my .45, and that's what I'll stick to
    So you put 10,000 rounds though a gun a sold it, only to buy a different caliber?

    Have you at least been practicing with the new gun. I don't mean to criticize but i just seems that if i were gonna put 10,000rds through a gun so that I could be proficient with it I wouldn't change to a different caliber without at least planing to do something of similar proportion with the new gun. Just my 2 cents.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Guns... firearms... ain't toys. They're Weapons.

  15. #15
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    rmansu2 wrote:
    TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Bustelo5% wrote:
    OK BS Why Glock why not Baretta like my pops in the Army carried? I guess why do you think they are so good. I do think they are great more for the simplistic nature of them with like what 5 parts I think thats pretty cool. But 500 for a gun right now is alot.
    I went down the same road..

    Bypassed the hi-point and bought a used PT-92 for 275$...

    The PT-92 is damn near identical to the Beretta M9/92FS with the exception of the frame mounted safety instead of the slide mounted safety. It's even made at a former Beretta factory in Brazil, with Beretta molds....

    I had it for about 8 months, saved up some more money, then sold it and used my other saved cash to get a Glock 17.... I upgraded the 17 now a year later to the G21SF, and couldn't be happier.

    I started with 9mm because of the inexpensive rounds (compared to .45) and I wanted to get as much training/practice as possible.... I put about 100 rounds down range every week, at a minimum, for the past almost 2 years.... That's a lot of ammo.. Once I was comfortable, and didn't feel the need to go to the range once a week, I bought my .45, and that's what I'll stick to
    So you put 10,000 rounds though a gun a sold it, only to buy a different caliber?

    Have you at least been practicing with the new gun. I don't mean to criticize but i just seems that if i were gonna put 10,000rds through a gun so that I could be proficient with it I wouldn't change to a different caliber without at least planing to do something of similar proportion with the new gun. Just my 2 cents.
    Sorry took so long to reply... I was out at the range..

    Hope that answers your question..

    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    Well I completely understand and that makes me want to choose differently,I just wish there were gun makers who had more affordable prices.I work for a living and after being unemployed for almost 7months to have the job I have now making about 750 a month im pretty blessed.
    I saw a bersa 380 for about 270 at the store today that seemed pretty nice.
    I think I might just save up and wait instead of going the cheap and easy route for my first gun,idk.
    That reminds me I didnt even check the price of ammo for a 45 at the store,I have been pricing 9mm ammo because that was my first choice till someone bought that c9 blah. its time to research.
    Thanks for the replies.


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pahrump, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    261

    Post imported post

    We've got the Bersa Thunder .380. Great little gun. Paid about the same for it, too. But.. .380 ammo is spendy, WHEN you can find it.
    Just a heads up.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    What website would you guys suggest for cheap ammo 45 acp?
    Omg I saw the sexiest thing this taurus 40 cal it was more like a beretta idk it was one of the first taurus that I liked very stripped down,more like a hardcore chick in a pit wailing away lol I hope someone who is hardcore got that.

  19. #19
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Bustelo5% wrote:
    What website would you guys suggest for cheap ammo 45 acp?
    Omg I saw the sexiest thing this taurus 40 cal it was more like a beretta idk it was one of the first taurus that I liked very stripped down,more like a hardcore chick in a pit wailing away lol I hope someone who is hardcore got that.
    Taurus PT-99

    It's essentially the 96F with a frame mounted safety instead of a slide mounted safety... Made at an old Beretta plant in Brazil with Beretta molds...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    390

    Post imported post

    Some of you really need to lighten up. No one here honestly thinks of firearms as "toys" and the term was being used generally by the OP to describe an object that is fun to use. It's a "toy" in the same respect any hobby item is, be it a muscle car or a computer.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    st.joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    187

    Post imported post

    Winchester 147 grain fmj

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kent, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    474

    Post imported post

    Yeah I saw that ammo online but I can never seem to find anyone that has it in stock im gonna ask the guys at the gunstore if they can order me some for cheap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •