Thread: Obtaining a copy of the laws on open carry

Post imported post

Where could I obtain a copy of the laws in Louisiana regarding open carry so when confronted by an ill-informed LEO I can hand him or her a copy?

Post imported post

biggin215 wrote:
    Where could I obtain a copy of the laws in Louisiana regarding open carry so when confronted by an ill-informed LEO I can hand him or her a copy?
    There are no laws I know of that concern Open Carry per se, but there are laws on firearms in general and concealed carry in particular.

This could be helpful to you:

http://louisianacarry.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    If you choose the route and try to educate people who have sworn an oath to support and defend laws they don't even know, try handing them a copy of article 1 sec 11 of the state constitution and walk away. It more than likely will be their first encounter with it.

NOTHING trumps it. If you take a stand on it, YOU have the high ground, putting them at a tactical disadvantage.

Engaging them in discussing anything which oozes out of the Louisiana legislature is counterproductive, almost as much as trying to educate some of the people who visit this forum.
    Ahh...the "Club O' Constitution" makes another appearance.....

Personally, I'm proud of LouisianaCarry and his website. A great resource for those who carry in our state.

"NOTHING trumps it. If you take a stand on it, YOU have the high ground, putting them at a tactical disadvantage. "

Always telling other people to take a stand while you sit back eating popcorn....

School Zone....$500.00.....The offer is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

If you choose the route and try to educate people who have sworn an oath to support and defend laws they don't even know, try handing them a copy of article 1 sec 11 of the state constitution and walk away. It more than likely will be their first encounter with it.

NOTHING trumps it. If you take a stand on it, YOU have the high ground, putting them at a tactical disadvantage.

Engaging them in discussing anything which oozes out of the Louisiana legislature is counterproductive, almost as much as trying to educate some of the people who visit this forum.
    Your POS cross draw with no snap 357 is a tactical disadvantage.....

Banned

Post imported post

Bat21 wrote:

Your POS cross draw with no snap 357 is a tactical disadvantage.....
    Ain't a man on this board, or any other that has the tactical nutssac to disarm a Patriot like MEMasan. The man has been through too much.

You are just jealous that you lack the God-given talent to safely carry in this method.