• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a tac light holster...

Johnny_B

imported post

Looking for a holster to take a tac light on a Beretta Px4, while I wait on my permission slip to carry in Mississippi (don't get me started on "concealed in part" in Ms...:banghead:) the only one I found that wasn't a PoS was this.

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/BERETTA_PX4_TACTICAL_HOLSTER-3001-56.html

What do you guys think of it? good/bad/the ugly :question: I kindof like it from the look of it, but I've never had any experience with such a holster.

I tried to find one from safariland, they have an ALS level 3 retention holster for it (was excited :celebrate), but it the tac light version of it DOESN'T TAKE PX4's :cuss:

Anyway, if anyone can suggest a holster for me I'd be greatful.

bourneshooter

imported post

Contact the guys at Raven Concealment - themalabarfront.com

They make kydex holsters for the weapon and mold them for your particular light and gun combo.

I'd recommend you only buy 1 of 2 different weapon lights depending on your budget. First choice is the Surefire X300. Second is the Streamlight TLR-1.

Johnny_B

imported post

I'm more leaning towards the TLR-1, I've used it and had it shined in my eyes and even though I wasn't too happy when it happened to me, it showed me how effective it could be.

I may have to give 'em a shout :)

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Agreed, Sidearmor makes some good stuff, but the OP was about a Beretta Px4 with a light mounted on it. I don't use Sidearmor because they cater to a limited few handguns and mine isn't one of the privileged ones!!

bourneshooter

imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
Agreed, Sidearmor makes some good stuff, but the OP was about a Beretta Px4 with a light mounted on it. I don't use Sidearmor because they cater to a limited few handguns and mine isn't one of the privileged ones!!
And I will say it again, check out Raven Concealment at themalabarfront.com

They make everything so I'm pretty sure you will get just what you need.

bourneshooter

imported post

IWB, OWB they do both. Their holsters come set up for OWB, but they offer multiple attachement methods that make it attach however you want.

Johnny_B

imported post

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I found what I'm going to end up getting,

23-2230.jpg

Safariland 6285, with the optional sentry guard to make it a level II