Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Court case resulting from incident w/ brother in law

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hi all,

Some expressed interest in attending the hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow morning. Well, it's been rescheduled. The new date is July 15. I'll post more information as we get closer.

This case resulted from the incident in the beginning of May in Kalamazoo, which many here are aware of. (The Open Carrier at the event were not charged, but the two concealed carriers present were charged two weeks later).

More info to come.

Post imported post

Thanks, glad I checked tonite..

Carry on

Post imported post

If I am free I will try to attend....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

New date again: August 14th. 1:30PM. Kalamazoo County Courthouse.

(Prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena one defendant - my sister the first time. On July 15, the prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena the officers.)

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Good work on his part eh? Maybe they should get a raise.

Post imported post

They prosecuting attorney sounds like they really know how to do their job!

Sounds like K-Zoo's whole system has NO idea how to do their jobs considering the fact that 2 lawfully carrying individuals were charged with a crime.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

(Prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena one defendant - my sister the first time. On July 15, the prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena the officers.)
    I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecuting attorney just didn't give it much attention, rather than it being a case of complete incompetence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think it would be like a traffic ticket (to them). It's also possible that they are just trying to draw it out to bleed the defendant dry into submission.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecuting attorney just didn't give it much attention, rather than it being a case of complete incompetence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think it would be like a traffic ticket (to them). It's also possible that they are just trying to draw it out to bleed the defendant dry into submission.
    I don't know. First, failing to subpoena the actual defendant. Then on the second date, failing to subpoena their own witnesses.

Uhh? This is a formal hearing. Just like a trial, only without the jury. We have lawyers, the PA pleads the city's case.

PA needs to go back to law school.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

UPDATE:

court date changed AGAIN, this time without explanation:

August 19, 1:30PM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    UPDATE:

court date changed AGAIN, this time without explanation:

August 19, 1:30PM.
    Bets on it being dismissed??
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'm not taking that action.

Post imported post

I'm trying to find the original thread. ?
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

carracer wrote:
    I'm trying to find the original thread.* ?
    Original thread deleted at my request. Once this case is over, all of the details will be reposted, likely here.

Post imported post

The k zoo system is a joke i have first hand knowledge on this...

Post imported post

Are you still within 90 days of the event? Isn't a "fair and speedy" trial part of the deal?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

I'm kinda believin' in what ghostrider said. Just drawin' it out in the hopes it will go away...

Carry on

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    Are you still within 90 days of the event? Isn't a "fair and speedy" trial part of the deal?
    When the trial actually happens, it will have been 105 days since the event took place.

Post imported post

I'm kinda hoping the judge will see the B.S. the pa is bringing to the table and throw both of them out. Best of luck to all involved. Later, Bob
    Life Member: NRA (Benefactor), GOA, SAF, MUCC, and Case Collectors Club
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

bobn911 wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping the judge will see the B.S. the pa is bringing to the table and throw both of them out. Best of luck to all involved. Later, Bob
    I hear the judge is a green one. New judges tend to side with the P.A. for their first year... Apparently their brains err on the side of prosecution (which is the opposite of our country's foundation).

Post imported post

Our hearing has had FOUR dates this far - and has yet to be heard. Last time we showed up for court in July- PA's office "forgot" to sup the officer involved in the citation. We asked for a dismissal but the judge involved is new and let them adjourn to another date- August 14, and they have already rescheduled to August 19. We are currently scheduled for August 19 at 1:30pm if anyone is interested....racking up quite the legal bill due to all the freakin delays!!!! I'm sure that they are hoping we'll give up and go away. NOPE.

Post imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
    Our hearing has had FOUR dates this far - and has yet to be heard. Last time we showed up for court in July- PA's office "forgot" to sup the officer involved in the citation. We asked for a dismissal but the judge involved is new and let them adjourn to another date- August 14, and they have already rescheduled to August 19. We are currently scheduled for August 19 at 1:30pm if anyone is interested....racking up quite the legal bill due to all the freakin delays!!!! I'm sure that they are hoping we'll give up and go away. NOPE.
    My Dear Mrs. Tishouse,

I do not know if I can make the 19th, but would like to be there. If I can, I will be there. Making it in the afternoon makes it easier for me, and I was unable to attend next week anyway. I don't yet know if I have anything scheduled for the 19th, but I'm hoping.

GGood Luck.

Post imported post

Thanks! My daughter thanks you too!

Post imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
    Thanks! My daughter thanks you too!
    Tell her and her husband that I said, "Hi, and miss seeing them (as well as you) around here."

Post imported post

Thanks ghostrider, we may be at the OC picnic in Portage Sunday. My daughter and her husband have his son this Sunday - so they won't be able to make it.

Post imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
    Thanks ghostrider, we may be at the OC picnic in Portage Sunday. My daughter and her husband have his son this Sunday - so they won't be able to make it.
    I figured you'd be there. Unfortunately, this is the weekend of our yearly family gettogether, so chances of me making it are slim. Too bad to, because I enjoyed the last one, and talking to you and your family members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast