• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Court case resulting from incident w/ brother in law

ghostrider

imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
Our hearing has had FOUR dates this far - and has yet to be heard. Last time we showed up for court in July- PA's office "forgot" to sup the officer involved in the citation. We asked for a dismissal but the judge involved is new and let them adjourn to another date- August 14, and they have already rescheduled to August 19. We are currently scheduled for August 19 at 1:30pm if anyone is interested....racking up quite the legal bill due to all the freakin delays!!!! I'm sure that they are hoping we'll give up and go away. NOPE.:cuss::banghead:

My Dear Mrs. Tishouse,

I do not know if I can make the 19th, but would like to be there. If I can, I will be there. Making it in the afternoon makes it easier for me, and I was unable to attend next week anyway. I don't yet know if I have anything scheduled for the 19th, but I'm hoping.

GGood Luck.

Tishhouse

imported post

Thanks ghostrider, we may be at the OC picnic in Portage Sunday. My daughter and her husband have his son this Sunday - so they won't be able to make it.

ghostrider

imported post

Tishhouse wrote:
Thanks ghostrider, we may be at the OC picnic in Portage Sunday. My daughter and her husband have his son this Sunday - so they won't be able to make it.
I figured you'd be there. Unfortunately, this is the weekend of our yearly family gettogether, so chances of me making it are slim. Too bad to, because I enjoyed the last one, and talking to you and your family members.

Bronson

imported post

Which court location? Their website lists three county courthouse locations.

Also, what's the letter designation of the specific courtroom?

There's a small chance I can be there to offer support in person.

Thanks and good luck,

Bronson

drew68

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Any updates on this?
I was able to attend the hearing today. Was great to meet them, they are a great bunch of folks. I'm surprised that they have not updated this yet as I know lots of you are curious.
I don't really feel it's my place to get on here and give a bunch of details until after they do i'll at least let you all know that the outcome was favorable. I'm sure they are pleased.

ghostrider

imported post

drew68 wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
Any updates on this?
I was able to attend the hearing today. Was great to meet them, they are a great bunch of folks. I'm surprised that they have not updated this yet as I know lots of you are curious.
I don't really feel it's my place to get on here and give a bunch of details until after they do i'll at least let you all know that the outcome was favorable. I'm sure they are pleased.
Thanks for that. It's good to hear it was fovorable. I was hoping to go, but the day got so hectic that it just wasn't possible. I even though that I could have left at 1230, but got a sudden call to work. Wish I could have been there.