• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Court case resulting from incident w/ brother in law

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi all,

Some expressed interest in attending the hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow morning. Well, it's been rescheduled. The new date is July 15. I'll post more information as we get closer.

This case resulted from the incident in the beginning of May in Kalamazoo, which many here are aware of. (The Open Carrier at the event were not charged, but the two concealed carriers present were charged two weeks later).

More info to come.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

New date again: August 14th. 1:30PM. Kalamazoo County Courthouse.

(Prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena one defendant - my sister the first time. On July 15, the prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena the officers.)

T Vance

imported post

They prosecuting attorney sounds like they really know how to do their job! :banghead:

Sounds like K-Zoo's whole system has NO idea how to do their jobs considering the fact that 2 lawfully carrying individuals were charged with a crime.

ghostrider

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

(Prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena one defendant - my sister the first time. On July 15, the prosecuting atty. failed to subpoena the officers.)
I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecuting attorney just didn't give it much attention, rather than it being a case of complete incompetence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think it would be like a traffic ticket (to them). It's also possible that they are just trying to draw it out to bleed the defendant dry into submission.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecuting attorney just didn't give it much attention, rather than it being a case of complete incompetence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think it would be like a traffic ticket (to them). It's also possible that they are just trying to draw it out to bleed the defendant dry into submission.

I don't know. First, failing to subpoena the actual defendant. Then on the second date, failing to subpoena their own witnesses.

Uhh? This is a formal hearing. Just like a trial, only without the jury. We have lawyers, the PA pleads the city's case.

PA needs to go back to law school.

bobn911

imported post

I'm kinda hoping the judge will see the B.S. the pa is bringing to the table and throw both of them out. Best of luck to all involved. Later, Bob

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bobn911 wrote:
I'm kinda hoping the judge will see the B.S. the pa is bringing to the table and throw both of them out. Best of luck to all involved. Later, Bob

I hear the judge is a green one. New judges tend to side with the P.A. for their first year... Apparently their brains err on the side of prosecution (which is the opposite of our country's foundation).

Tishhouse

imported post

Our hearing has had FOUR dates this far - and has yet to be heard. Last time we showed up for court in July- PA's office "forgot" to sup the officer involved in the citation. We asked for a dismissal but the judge involved is new and let them adjourn to another date- August 14, and they have already rescheduled to August 19. We are currently scheduled for August 19 at 1:30pm if anyone is interested....racking up quite the legal bill due to all the freakin delays!!!! I'm sure that they are hoping we'll give up and go away. NOPE.:cuss::banghead: