• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DNR Oshtemo/Kalamazoo

stephgrinage23

imported post

[edit]

The D&R on M-43/West Main in Oshtemo/Kalamazoo now has signs on the doors & entrance windows that read:

ALL Firearms MUST be UNLOADED and in a LOCKED box before entering the store.

Just an FYI.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
The DNR on M-43/West Main in Oshtemo/Kalamazoo now has signs on the doors & entrance windows that read:

Just an FYI.

It's D & R Sporting Goods, not the State Dept. of Natural Resources, just to clarify.

autosurgeon

imported post

I am going to clarify that policy if I get a chance this afternoon ... with a phone call.

However I hardly ever go in there as the last couple of times the morons behind the gun counter have treated me like a child when I asked a simple question about a gun they had for sale... I am not big into revolvers and was treated as if my ignorance of a certain model was ridicules .. and they never answered my questions... also they will rape you on ammo price!

Sorry for the rant but that place irritates me anyway:cuss:

stephgrinage23

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
stephgrinage23 wrote:
The DNR on M-43/West Main in Oshtemo/Kalamazoo now has signs on the doors & entrance windows that read:

Just an FYI.

It's D & R Sporting Goods, not the State Dept. of Natural Resources, just to clarify.
lol sorry, you're right... my brain is fried right now from being pissed off at other things.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I am going to clarify that policy if I get a chance this afternoon ... with a phone call.

However I hardly ever go in there as the last couple of times the morons behind the gun counter have treated me like a child when I asked a simple question about a gun they had for sale... I am not big into revolvers and was treated as if my ignorance of a certain model was ridicules .. and they never answered my questions... also they will rape you on ammo price!

Sorry for the rant but that place irritates me anyway:cuss:
Autosurgeon, this is pretty much the norm in most gun shops. Of course, the younger you are the probability of this happening is higher, it seems.IMO, the best way to deal with these douchbags is to do the research (Internet) on the gun(s)/items in which you plan to purchase and be direct/firm with any question(s) you may have at the gun shop. If they start to talk down to you, just leave after telling them why you are doing so...fukm'.

jeremy05

imported post

Well If I was a customer I would put a post-it note on the sign saying they lost my businees till that sign is removed.

autosurgeon

imported post

Well I am 29 years old... even have some grey hair... If they treat me a person who has been around firearms all my life... just not owned many revolvers like this then it's no wonder that some people have such a low opinion of gun owners... if this is there first impression when going to buy their first gun!

jbone

imported post

Good point. I wonder how many potential new gun owners have faced rudeness and seen general disregard for the rights of gun owners from these types of individuals and store's. How many have they turned to the dark sidearoundthe country. Maybe a campaign the Brandy Bunch is keeping numbers on.

jmlefler

imported post

That sign has been there for at least a year. I personally asked Randy VanDam about carrying and he told me that sign is for folks bringing guns in to trade. I specifically asked him about concealed carry and he told me that he encourages carry in his store. Now, we were talking concealed at the time; I can't give you a response to OC.

Carry on.

malignity

imported post

Any gun store that refuses me my second amendment right will not get my business, now or ever. I stopped going to Double Action, a gun place by my house because of this, and I'd suggest you do the same. The only way they'll learn that you can't have your cake and eat it too is by hitting them where it hurts: financially. Maybe send them a letter and make them aware of it too.