Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega stress

Post imported post

Last month my mom had a cva stroke and was in the hospital for five weeks she came
    home Tuesday yesterday the visiting nurse came in and DEMANDED to know if I had guns in the home . I feel this is really none of their affairs , they said it was for their insurance company any thoughts on this ( it was undeniable since I had two gun publications on the table ) .

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

dukenukum wrote:
    Last month my mom had a cva stroke and was in the hospital for five weeks she came
    home Tuesday yesterday the visiting nurse came in and DEMANDED to know if I had guns in the home . I feel this is really none of their affairs , they said it was for their insurance company any thoughts on this ( it was undeniable since I had two gun publications on the table ) . Â*
    If I'm asked, I'd tell them nunya bizness.

It really isn't.

Post imported post

dukenukum wrote:
    home Tuesday yesterday the visiting nurse came in and DEMANDED to know if I had guns in the home . I feel this is really none of their affairs , they said it was for their insurance company any thoughts on this ( it was undeniable since I had two gun publications on the table ) .
    So if you had an issue of Playboy magazine on the table would the nurse want to know if you had any hookers in the house? LMAO....what an idiot.

Seriously, you are not legally required to disclose that information to a nurse.

Post imported post

Think the gun on my hip might give it away?

Post imported post

They have no authority to expect an answer to that question. I would just tell them it is none of their business. I would however alos make sure that they were very well secured to keep the snooping nurse from messing with them. Same with ammo.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Lodge a complaint with the nurse services, and request a more Conservative nurse to care for your family, as an anti 2nd amendment Nurse frighten's you !!!!

Post imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
    Lodge a complaint with the nurse services, and request a more Conservative nurse to care for your family, as an anti 2nd amendment Nurse frighten's you !!!!
    I vote for this approach.

Post imported post

I like Mastiff's complaint idea as well. If she was rudely demanding to know things she had no right to, you definitely have good reason to complain and ask for another nurse.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Next time she demands if you have any guns in your house, demand to see her nursing license. Write down her number, file a complaint with the nursing board. If she refuses treatment to your mother because you have guns in the house, she'll lose her license permanently. Nurses cannot deny treatment to anyone unless it's a direct conflict of interest; for example, a wife treating her husband, etc.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I asked my "significant other" who is an RN about this; she has been practicing for 22 years. She currently is in "management", but has been a supervisor of "home-health care" nurses in a former position. She grew up in a house with rifles prominently displayed in a gun cabinet and, when she was younger she often went plinking with her father. She does not carry herself, but has gone to the range with me and when we go out together and I OC, she thinks it is ridiculous anyone would have a problem with it.

When I asked her what her opinion of such a question was, her first response was that "they ask a lot of stupid questions" and said it probably was part of a questionnaire that was put together by a supervisor or attorney. Later, she went on to say that she understood why they would ask, as she has been in a many houses that the "clientele" was not that far removed from the general prison population.
    She did say that it really shouldn't matter what your answer is, and as malignity said, the nurse can't refuse to treat your mother solely based upon you answering in the affirmative. You can also elect to say "none of your business".

If it were me, I would have said "Yep, is there a problem?" or "why, can't you be trusted around firearms?" Just me though...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    I asked my "significant other" who is an RN about this; she has been practicing for 22 years. She currently is in "management", but has been a supervisor of "home-health care" nurses in a former position. She grew up in a house with rifles prominently displayed in a gun cabinet and, when she was younger she often went plinking with her father. She does not carry herself, but has gone to the range with me and when we go out together and I OC, she thinks it is ridiculous anyone would have a problem with it.

When I asked her what her opinion of such a question was, her first response was that "they ask a lot of stupid questions" and said it probably was part of a questionnaire that was put together by a supervisor or attorney. Later, she went on to say that she understood why they would ask, as she has been in a many houses that the "clientele" was not that far removed from the general prison population.
    She did say that it really shouldn't matter what your answer is, and as malignity said, the nurse can't refuse to treat your mother solely based upon you answering in the affirmative. You can also elect to say "none of your business".

If it were me, I would have said "Yep, is there a problem?" or "why, can't you be trusted around firearms?" Just me though...
    I would have completely refused to answer the question and immediately made a complaint. I would have been just as offended if the nurse would have asked "Who did you vote for the the last presidential election" like it had a bearing on services or level of care.
    For allsomeone would know, the nurses boyfriendmay bea criminal and she was ordered to find homes with firearms that he could steal. Sort of lgeally casing a home.

I had an insurance company ask for my roommates SSN, and drivers license number once. I asked what they needed that for and they stated thayplanned on charging my premiums based on her driving record. She did not have access to any of my vehicles! We were not involved, we just shared a large house!
    Geico car insurance will not insure you if you own a radar detector!
    I can explain more about that later if someone is interested

Post imported post

In a somewhat related situation, a member of another forum I frequent wasasked to update his information at his doctor's office andduring the update was asked if he owned firearms and if so how many?

He asked whythey needed to know and wasjust told "it was a required question"

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    In a somewhat related situation, a member of another forum I frequent wasÂ*asked to update his information at his doctor's office andÂ*during the update was asked if he owned firearms and if so how many?

He asked whyÂ*they needed to know and wasÂ*just told "it was a required question"

BronsonÂ*
    Thank the Nat'l Medical Asoociation for that.

Post imported post

Zig you are on to something... These medical fruits think because people are husrt with firearms that it is their duty to preach to us... and many of them back gun control and holler all sorts of junk statistics to back them selves up. It's the same as the doctors who rant against motorcycles BC some people get hurt or killed on them. People are always going to get hurt and killed one way or another... we cannot end that. BUT some people think that if we outlaw all dangerous activity that that will somehow help. But all that will do is make other activities look more dangerouse and then cause them to be outlawed and so on and on and on....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

List (long) of national organizations with anti-gun policies and celebrities who are anti-gun:

http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=15

Post imported post

I am taking my Micky on them every time they come to the house I open carry my HI - POINT .45 a gun you can't miss seeing

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    List (long) of national organizations with anti-gun policies and celebrities who are anti-gun:

Is there a list of those who are pro gun?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

1. Fatboycykes

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    1. Fatboycykes
    Well, after all, it is a start...

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

Is there a list of those who are pro gun?
    List of pro gun organizations:

http://www.wmsa.net/Link_progun.htm

ETA: Obviously, a partial list.

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

this one i cant understand:

American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities

to me it would seem that they be for all rights or are they just supporting those that deal with human rights.

also did they work for s*****w nursing, because i got an old .303 enfeild in the house in my moms room where she has nurses come and go all the time and we have never been asked if there was any guns in the house.

Post imported post

390JOE wrote:
    this one i cant understand:

American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities

to me it would seem that they be for all rights or are they just supporting those that deal with human rights.

also did they work for s*****w nursing, because i got an old .303 enfeild in the house in my moms room where she has nurses gome and go all the time and we have never been asked if there was any guns in the house.
    it is them i talked to the head boss and the offender will be spoken to about it .

Post imported post

Bravo tengo whisikey most of the time home visiting nurses are sent from a Temp Service used by the hospital and also since the hospital is not a federal or state service they have no right in wheather or not you have or do not have guns in the house,just get someone else as ur home RN not to say they are a dime a dozen but you do not need a reason to change ur RN its your right to protect.

Bravo Tengo Whiskey what kinda holster do you use for your hipoint 45 uncle mikes 15 rides like 2 inchs off me so I cannot oc that thing.

Post imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
    Bravo tengo whisikey . . . Bravo Tengo Whiskey
    Foxtrot Yankee India, "tengo" should actually be spelled "Tango". :P
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Bravo Tengo Whiskey what kinda holster do you use for your hipoint 45 uncle mikes 15 rides like 2 inchs off me so I cannot oc that thing.
    I use a pro tech outdoors on a Bianchi belt that I picked up at a gun show .
    here is there website .
    http://www.protechoutdoors.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast