• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two men invade Mesa home.......

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Gee... no description... ethnicity... citizen status... even if they were armed or not. I assume they were. That paper has the worst reporters around. Or the worst editors.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

A woman grabbed a shotgun and shot two armed men who forced their way into a Mesa home late Wednesday night, police said.
One of the home invaders was killed; the second was in stable condition at a hospital.
Police said the two armed men forced their way into a home near Stapley and Southern and herded the woman and three men who lived there into one room.
"While there in that room, one of the victims was able to grab a shotgun that was in that room and shot and killed one of those suspects who had entered the home," said Police Sgt. Ed Wessing.
"She fired several times at the second suspect, who fled the home. Later, we were able to locate the suspect at a local hospital, being treated for a gunshot wound."
The residents of the home were in their late teens or 20s, Wessing said. None was hurt.
Wessing said investigators do not believe the victims and the suspects knew each other

Dahwg

imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:

A woman grabbed a shotgun and shot two armed men who forced their way into a Mesa home late Wednesday night, police said.
One of the home invaders was killed; the second was in stable condition at a hospital.
Police said the two armed men forced their way into a home near Stapley and Southern and herded the woman and three men who lived there into one room.
"While there in that room, one of the victims was able to grab a shotgun that was in that room and shot and killed one of those suspects who had entered the home," said Police Sgt. Ed Wessing.
"She fired several times at the second suspect, who fled the home. Later, we were able to locate the suspect at a local hospital, being treated for a gunshot wound."
The residents of the home were in their late teens or 20s, Wessing said. None was hurt.
Wessing said investigators do not believe the victims and the suspects knew each other

What? They used firearms to save their lives? That never happens! :what: [/sarcasm]

davesnothere

imported post

Besides the obvious and already mentioned omissions from the illustrious press, there is one item that stands out and bothers me:

Wessing said investigators obtained a search warrant and were able to enter the house a little after 7 a.m. Thursday to look at evidence, including the body of the other suspect, which was still in the home.
Assuming that the officers were responding to what can only be assumed to be a burglary/home invasion crime scene, why did they need a warrant? I assume that the home defender and her roommates would have wanted the officers to respond, so why would they then refuse the officers entry into the home?

I'm not saying that they did anything wrong in not allowing entry (if indeed that's what happened), it's always better to protect your 4th and 5th Amendment rights, but I do have some suspicion as to why considering the ages of all parties involved.

Drug house? Etc.

In terms of home protection though....that's just a good thing. Bravo to her for her reaction and willingness to pull the trigger.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I think the 1st responders prob'ly found or suspected 'something else' that would give probable cause requiring the execution of a warrant to investigate. The warrant would be written/issued to 'that' specifically. I'm not gonna speculate the 'what'.

They left the body there... in case they couldn't get the warrant I think... 'n maybe do what they could w/o it (the warrant) under 'observations' since they also had this body to remove and investigate/autopsy. I think they found somethin' good. ... Bad good.

arizonaheat

imported post

this is why I staid in AZ, if a had moved to Chicago and this append to me I will never forget my self for not being able to defend my family from something like this.

Again Thank you all.