• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I HAD TO CALL THE COPS TODAY

DEROS72

imported post

As I have mentioned I have been going to the Safeway Starbucks open carry for over a year now.Never have I had any confrontaions to speak of.Mostly just the curious.

Well this morning I am sitting at the Starbucks reading the paper having my coffee.All of a sudden I hear in a loud voice "who the f...k you think you are carrying a gun around like that."I looked up but did not respond.

He would not stop."hey mu......kr lets go outside I'll kick your lilly white a..s""you think you some kind a big shot with a gun?'" "you ain't nothin mu...kr..come on outside you skinny white son of a bitch." I did not respond.Kept trying to read the sports page."Hey a..s h..le talkin to you "I keep my gun at home who the f..k you think you are lets go outside right now...""mu....kr think you somethin I'll kick that skinny white a..s all ove the parking lot."You gonna shoot a black man huh?" All this while he was checking out his groceries. All the Starbuck girls and checkers saw and heard all of this.

He kept threatening me for about 10 minutes and then left.I did not look up or acknowledge him in any way.

No response from me. After he left the girls and others came up and were high fiving me and telling me that I handled that with perfect restraint.And the fact I didn't acknowledge his existence pissed him off even more.He was acting like a twelve year old.

Anyway I had Desmoines police come down and talked with us just so I have it on record with witnesses that he was threatening me.BUt one of the cops said" What do expect carrying like that" BUt the other said "well I see why you carry around here and that even sounds like reverse descrimination to me"

We didn't get his name but I'm going to see if they have him on video.

DEROS72

imported post

Seatac Willow lake meeting july 18th Saturday lets make it big around here!!!!!More info later.

Hef

imported post

Discrimination is discrimination. There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination".

Good for you in showing restraint when threatened by an idiot.

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm, think I would have been on the phone as soon as the altercation started. That way if this guy got physical you would have been the first one on the phone and have a record through the 911 call of what happened. But that's some damn good restraint.....hope I would handle myself as well in such an occurance.

DEROS72

imported post

One of the gals there said she was abot to call 911 but he left.I also have the manager who by the way has agreed to support our July 18th meet here,looking at the video seeing if we can get an ID.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great job Deros!!!! I love how the Safeway staff supported you. Wish I could have watched the frustration on that man's face when he couldn't get a rise out of you.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks .We should all support these Safeway folks.They have been beyond reproach in their support.Also this guy was beside himself because I completly ignored him.One of the pints in Crrying is self protection not to pull it out or respond because someone starts calling names....He was childish.

G27

imported post

Hef wrote:
Discrimination is discrimination. There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination".

I hate to be 'that guy' but I feel the need to correct you a bit. There is such a thing as reverse discrimination. While it is discrimination, it is discrimination against the dominant group which disrupts the norms (whether these norms are good or bad isn't point) that society has put into place. Affirmative action is generally used as an example.

DEROS72

imported post

No need to get off on that tangent.The only thing that bothered me a little was the one officers comment that none of it would have happened if I wasn't carrying.It wasn't me that tried to start a confrontation.I was indeed within the law and my rights.I also hate when these guys try to play the race card.That just demonstrates to me a those around me an inferior intellect.Those that witnessed also made the same observations.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

G27 wrote:
Hef wrote:

I hate to be 'that guy' but I feel the need to correct you a bit. There is such a thing as reverse discrimination. While it is discrimination, it is discrimination against the dominant group which disrupts the norms (whether these norms are good or bad isn't point) that society has put into place. Affirmative action is generally used as an example.
The term 'reverse discrimination' bythe rules of English would mean the 'undoing of discrimination' which is not what I think you're trying to convey right? Discrimination is just an act of discriminating or discerning. What would be more apt for this situation would be to say that the buffoon making the ruckus was a small minded bigot.

DEROS72

imported post

He was just that like a regression to the 7th grade....The bully found out that those around himwere nowable to defend themselves and did't like it.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Good job handling a difficult situation. Kudos to you.

Phssthpok

imported post

You're a better man than I. I seriously doubt I would have been able to keep quiet with him raging on like that.

I woulda busted up laughing at his histrionics. :D

TechnoWeenie

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
BUt one of the cops said" What do expect carrying like that"

Blame the victim. Classy.

I guess those whores deserved getting raped, wearing skirts instead of a proper flowery dress...

DEROS72

imported post

It seems that is the way society is headed these days...I would bet a months pension if I would have reacted in any way I would have been seen as the bad guy racist etc.Thats why I just let talk on and make an a...s of himself.Which he seemed pretty good at.I will never respond to someone just shooting their mouth off.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

BTW his actions were disorderly conduct...

(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if the person:

(a) Uses abusive language and thereby intentionally creates a risk of assault;

and malicious harassment.....

RCW 9A.36.080 Malicious harassment-

(1) A person is guilty of malicious harassment if he or she maliciously and intentionally commits one of the following acts because of his or her perception of the victim's race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or mental, physical, or sensory handicap:

(...)

Threatens a specific person or group of persons and places that person, or members of the specific group of persons, in reasonable fear of harm to person or property. The fear must be a fear that a reasonable person would have under all the circumstances.

If he paid by credit card, you have his name. quick warrant to the credit card company gets you his address, address+name=drivers license+social.