• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Baltimore

mjf

imported post

I'll be visiting Baltimore this weekend... any tips on places to visit/eat/etc?

Also, what places have metal detectors?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Fells Point and the Inner Harbor. Don't go alone. Don't go anywhere alone. Remain alert. Don't even think of CC... They'll put you under the jail. Better yet... go someplace nice... like Main Street in Ellicott City (Frederick Road) in Howard County. Stay outta 'Bal'mer.

XD40coyote

imported post

Or don't go to Baltimore at all! Or plain avoid MD altogether, unless it's in a really nice rural rednecky area LOL. The gunfire to be heard in these areas is friendly, unlike the gunfire in Baltimore or other crappy MD cities/towns.

The awful truth is that the more I talk to people about carry in MD, the more I get old stories of " I used to carry when I lived in xx", or " one time I stuck a pistol in my pocket when I went to xx". There is of course the stories of denial of a MD carry lisc due to the reason not being good enough ( carrying cash for payrolls in Baltimore city wasn't a good enough reason for one guy). This state sucks donkey balls.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Maryland wrote the right to self defense out of it's state constitution in 1867 upon the adoption of the 14th Amendment.

XD40coyote

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Maryland wrote the right to self defense out of it's state constitution in 1867 upon the adoption of the 14th Amendment.
Yeah, MD is a racist state, and many of the good blacks have been brainwashed to hate guns. Plus if a law abiding black man in the city uses his legally owned gun to fend off thugs ( black thugs) from his front porch, the police charge the good guy with brandishing or some sort,and won't even try to find the thugs. I don't have proof of this, but Sonora, you may have seen the guy at the suntalk forum write about it. The city cops might as well bring back lynchings so they can get rid of the good blacks in the city who won't move out.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yeah, MD is a racist state, and many of the good blacks have been brainwashed to hate guns. Plus if a law abiding black man in the city uses his legally owned gun to fend off thugs ( black thugs) from his front porch, the police charge the good guy with brandishing or some sort,and won't even try to find the thugs. I don't have proof of this, but Sonora, you may have seen the guy at the suntalk forum write about it. The city cops might as well bring back lynchings so they can get rid of the good blacks in the city who won't move out.
It's happened to blacks defending themselves in Baltimore in the past several years. When I was a cop... 'had an ol' guy in Cherry Hill (used car salesman) get jumped by a pair of hoodles while walkin' up to his door. No way you can carry... permits being what they are. Anyway... the ol' guy carried a Jap katana. He'd brought it back from WWII. It was a Jap Army NCO model. He knew how to use it. 'Solved his personal hoodle' problem right there on the sidewalk. Swords ain't illegal to carry. Maryland DOES suck donkey balls! (LOL)

mjf

imported post

Back from Baltimore, had an OK trip and I didn't get jumped. Legally carried there--not getting into details on how--didn't get hassled by police.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You have very deep pockets or know 'people'. Glad ya made it out unscathed.