• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart Corp. Contact Wanted

Glock_21Carrier

imported post

Walmart, Bluefield VA, 24605. Carries shotguns and hunting rifles. along with a very reasonable section of scopes red dots, and gear as well.

Always has ammo too,

Glocky

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grape, you ever get a reply back or an apology?

Seeing now that Wal-mart is pulling all ads from Glenn Beck in support of President Obama. That does not bode well if no one at corporate has bothered to help you with this 2A issue either.

ETA - they now say they are pulling ads from all opinion shows. So this may not reflect at all on 2A related issues.

r6-rider

imported post

if they ask you to conceal, legally arent you able to since you have their permission?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Skeptic wrote:

Seeing now that Wal-mart is pulling all ads from Glenn Beck in support of President Obama. That does not bode well if no one at corporate has bothered to help you with this 2A issue either.

ETA - they now say they are pulling ads from all opinion shows. So this may not reflect at all on 2A related issues.
Negative - the silence is deafening. :(

Yata hey

Bustelo5%

imported post

R6 thats a good question if your in a private business they are the governing factor it may be somewhat public but just as bar tenders can carry in their own bar in a state that dosent allow the public to carry. I wonder if home rule applies to even people shopping in a store intresting concept. That could work for the advantage for a place like Texas as for the opposite Store Owners having Oc a ok zones.

Buckskinner15

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Skeptic wrote:

Negative - the silence is deafening. :(

Yata hey

You and I seem to have had a similar experience, except it sounds like you've done a lot more work than I have. Thanks! Here's the link to mythread regarding the incident I was involved in if you're interested:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/30532.html

Sounds like maybe they've changed their policy. :(

rmansu2

imported post

I don't believe that you would be able to convince a judge that you were in the right because you were asked to conceal your firearm. I believe the judges response would be something similar to a friend asking you to speed in his car because it's a safe car. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

On the LA forum the topic of conceal carry at home has already been discussed and I believe the agreement was that it is illegal here to conceal carry without a permit even inside your own home.

Bustelo5%

imported post

You may be right about California. But in Texas I remember seeing a video of a dude about OC and on the program he stated as soon as he gets on the road and into public he has to CC. There may be laws for each state on this its something I havent heard many suggest so I really dont know. But I think I may be on to something to kick the Asses of Texas Legislatiure with out ever even setting foot into those silly court houses.
Or if Texas still has bawls then everyone should just say F OFF im a free man and Woman and Child.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
I don't believe that you would be able to convince a judge that you were in the right because you were asked to conceal your firearm. I believe the judges response would be something similar to a friend asking you to speed in his car because it's a safe car. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

On the LA forum the topic of conceal carry at home has already been discussed and I believe the agreement was that it is illegal here to conceal carry without a permit even inside your own home.
That's just plain silly. How does the law read on CC? Did anyone bother to look it up? Even in Illinois, you can CC on your own property, house or place of business.