Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Wal-Mart Contact Needed

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606

    Post imported post

    Can any one give me a name, title and address of some one in upper management position (corp., state or region) that can address concerns of totally unsatisfactory response to RKBA by both store and district managers.

    Great care will be taken to not generate a negative response. I wish to educate and inform + include a list of other places (50+) that I shop w/o problems.

    Have contacted corporate blindly with the specific request they not refer my contact to the store. Guess what - it was referred to the store!

    Two weeks+ of playing telephone tag with district mgr. and having my call backs ignored - finally talked to Cal - only to be lectured on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason. Less than satisfactory contact.

    Appreciate your help.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Goochland, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    585

    Post imported post

    Hmmm... prickly problem. You could try one of the offices a corporate officer, but I would avoid anyone with "legal" or "counsel" in their titles, as well as "risk management" etc
    http://walmartstores.com/Investors/7823.aspx

    There are one or two with military experience.

    This is not as straightforward as just corporate policy but alo touches on customer satisfaction.

    You do keep us up to date on this - we are Sams club members and buy a lot of stuff from Sams and Walmart and will be very interested to see if Walmart does the right thing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    DoesSecretary Clinton still sit on the Board? I personally don't shop there and don't care tobut have a contact or two in theirreal estate and risk management department. I've got those numbers packed away in an address book from a previous life. If I can dig out the book I will be happy to share them. Of course they are at least ten years old.

    Everyone thinks Arkansas is their home office. All the numbers I have ring directly to China :-).

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    DoesSecretary Clinton still sit on the Board? I personally don't shop there and don't care tobut have a contact or two in theirreal estate and risk management department. I've got those numbers packed away in an address book from a previous life. If I can dig out the book I will be happy to share them. Of course they are at least ten years old.

    Everyone thinks Arkansas is their home office. All the numbers I have ring directly to China :-).

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    double post

  6. #6
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    I'm a little too busy to do the legwork myself, but a consumer oriented web site called consumerist.com has lots of information on this sort of thing. They have documented a technique called an executive e-mail carpet bomb, which may be too broad for what you want, but some of their other information may be of help. It's probably worth a quick search there at their site.

    TFred


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    DoesSecretary Clinton still sit on the Board? I personally don't shop there and don't care tobut have a contact or two in theirreal estate and risk management department. I've got those numbers packed away in an address book from a previous life. If I can dig out the book I will be happy to share them. Of course they are at least ten years old.

    Everyone thinks Arkansas is their home office. All the numbers I have ring directly to China :-).
    It is Secretary Rodham Clinton now :P

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA, ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Can any one give me a name, title and address of some one in upper management position (corp., state or region) that can address concerns of totally unsatisfactory response to RKBA by both store and district managers.

    Great care will be taken to not generate a negative response. I wish to educate and inform + include a list of other places (50+) that I shop w/o problems.

    Have contacted corporate blindly with the specific request they not refer my contact to the store. Guess what - it was referred to the store!

    Two weeks+ of playing telephone tag with district mgr. and having my call backs ignored - finally talked to Cal - only to be lectured on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason. Less than satisfactory contact.

    Appreciate your help.

    Yata hey
    I have no knowledge of what you ask...but look forward to hearing about how you set them on the right path... yata hey!!!!

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post






    Reply


    Forward


    Delete


    - Choose Folder -Sent ItemsDeleted Items

    Move

    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...olicy_Call.mp3

    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...ns/walmart.pdf

    Walmart Marketing Office, Joe McQueen 757.471.1651
    Walmart Regional Marketing Office, Cory Confer or Robert Reck 570.821.6180
    Walmart Washington Regional Manager, Don Roseborough 360.657.1192




    I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I pasted somethings from my personal wal-mart experience. Hopefully this helps. They actually have live people to talk to at these numbers when I called. I doubt the (360) will be helpful though that's for my neck of the woods.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:

    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart-audio/Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3


    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...ns/walmart.pdf

    Walmart Marketing Office, Joe McQueen 757.471.1651
    Walmart Regional Marketing Office, Cory Confer or Robert Reck 570.821.6180
    Walmart Washington Regional Manager, Don Roseborough 360.657.1192




    I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I pasted somethings from my personal wal-mart experience. Hopefully this helps. They actually have live people to talk to at these numbers when I called. I doubt the (360) will be helpful though that's for my neck of the woods.
    Appreciate the responses:
    McQueen 757-471-1651 recorded referral to 757-867-8374 no answer or voice mail.

    Cory Confer is on vacation - was referred to Greg Frank (Regional Office) at 609-671-3304 and got voice mail for Trudy (ass't) - left message.

    No return calls yet.
    Really like http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...olicy_Call.mp3

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    Situation is - on 5/27 I was stopped at local Wal-Mart, surrounded by private security and three store employees, store manager arrived after 10 min. and told me he did not like open carry (was a former LEO he said), suggested that I put it in my vehicle and conceal next time - I declined as gun would not be safe and I was not dressed to conceal.

    After many hours of telephone tag and unreturned phone calls, District Mgr. "Cal" called and lectured me on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason but would not say that I could or could not OC in that store. Indicated it was the managers call.

    Got a bone in my teeth now. Will continue up the management chain until I find someone like the lady on the mp3 recording above.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Yea you can tell she is reading directly from their corporate policy, wich nobody can get a hard copy of. I asked for one with my incident and was told to carry the constitution with me. I saw an e-mail from Corey on one of the threads here but couldn't seem to find it that confirmed their coroporate policy.

    When I called and wrote e-mail thru Wal-mart site. Someone from corporate didn't contact me back but informed the manager of my store what their policy is and he called and told me and apologized for the incident. (wich he wasn't invovled in, it was his assistant manager and an employee)
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Yea you can tell she is reading directly from their corporate policy, wich nobody can get a hard copy of. I asked for one with my incident and was told to carry the constitution with me. I saw an e-mail from Corey on one of the threads here but couldn't seem to find it that confirmed their coroporate policy.

    When I called and wrote e-mail thru Wal-mart site. Someone from corporate didn't contact me back but informed the manager of my store what their policy is and he called and told me and apologized for the incident. (wich he wasn't invovled in, it was his assistant manager and an employee)
    Been working my way up the food chain. Store mgr of Sheila Rd (Desmond) was the anti OC ex-LEO, Cal of District Office ignored policy. Email to corp was referred to store in spite of my request that it not be.

    Suspect a lot of turn-over hence new employees not familiar with corp. policy. We shall see. Also as to issue of embarrassment and humiliation, Desmond was sorry but..........his policy was his policy.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot,

    I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.

    Here is the letter I wrote to them..
    ---------------

    I understand that the Manager of your Chesapeake, Virginia Wal-Mart store is leading the charge to ban in-store carry of firearms on a district wide basis.

    I have been legally carrying a firearm for over 30 years in multiple states. I strongly support my constitutional right to carry a firearm with both my votes and dollars. Today I spent over $200 in your Chesapeake stores. My family spends over $10,000 per year at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club and can produce receipts to prove it.

    If you ban firearms in your stores, I will not be able to enter and therefore will no longer be your customer.

    Please respond with a definitive answer to this change in policy.




  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606

    Post imported post

    NytoVa wrote:
    Grapeshot,

    I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.
    Not going to quit - to important.

    Hope eventually to speak to Robert Reck or Joe McQueen. Desire response similar to -
    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...olicy_Call.mp3
    and reeducation of store manager and staff. An apology would be nice but might be more than can be expected.

    People should be judged by their actions not by someone else's prejudice.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    NytoVa wrote:
    Grapeshot,

    I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.
    Not going to quit - to important.

    Hope eventually to speak to Robert Reck or Joe McQueen. Desire response similar to -
    http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...olicy_Call.mp3
    and reeducation of store manager and staff. An apology would be nice but might be more than can be expected.

    People should be judged by their actions not by someone else's prejudice.

    Yata hey
    Keep after them, this is for us all. Thanks.

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    NytoVa wrote:


    I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.

    I am glad you got that , it has helped out a lot of who has problems with certain Wal-mart employees. I think that recording has been passed along to all the more prolific open carry forums. Did you ever get anything in writing?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •