• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart Contact Needed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Can any one give me a name, title and address of some one in upper management position (corp., state or region) that can address concerns of totally unsatisfactory response to RKBA by both store and district managers.

Great care will be taken to not generate a negative response. I wish to educate and inform + include a list of other places (50+) that I shop w/o problems.

Have contacted corporate blindly with the specific request they not refer my contact to the store. Guess what - it was referred to the store!

Two weeks+ of playing telephone tag with district mgr. and having my call backs ignored - finally talked to Cal - only to be lectured on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason. Less than satisfactory contact.

Appreciate your help.

Yata hey

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hmmm... prickly problem. You could try one of the offices a corporate officer, but I would avoid anyone with "legal" or "counsel" in their titles, as well as "risk management" etc
http://walmartstores.com/Investors/7823.aspx

There are one or two with military experience.

This is not as straightforward as just corporate policy but alo touches on customer satisfaction.

You do keep us up to date on this - we are Sams club members and buy a lot of stuff from Sams and Walmart and will be very interested to see if Walmart does the right thing.

kenny

imported post

DoesSecretary Clinton still sit on the Board? I personally don't shop there and don't care tobut have a contact or two in theirreal estate and risk management department. I've got those numbers packed away in an address book from a previous life. If I can dig out the book I will be happy to share them. Of course they are at least ten years old.

Everyone thinks Arkansas is their home office. All the numbers I have ring directly to China :).

kenny

imported post

DoesSecretary Clinton still sit on the Board? I personally don't shop there and don't care tobut have a contact or two in theirreal estate and risk management department. I've got those numbers packed away in an address book from a previous life. If I can dig out the book I will be happy to share them. Of course they are at least ten years old.

Everyone thinks Arkansas is their home office. All the numbers I have ring directly to China :).

TFred

imported post

I'm a little too busy to do the legwork myself, but a consumer oriented web site called consumerist.com has lots of information on this sort of thing. They have documented a technique called an executive e-mail carpet bomb, which may be too broad for what you want, but some of their other information may be of help. It's probably worth a quick search there at their site.

TFred

hsmith

imported post

kenny wrote:

It is Secretary Rodham Clinton now :p

DarkHorse

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Can any one give me a name, title and address of some one in upper management position (corp., state or region) that can address concerns of totally unsatisfactory response to RKBA by both store and district managers.

Great care will be taken to not generate a negative response. I wish to educate and inform + include a list of other places (50+) that I shop w/o problems.

Have contacted corporate blindly with the specific request they not refer my contact to the store. Guess what - it was referred to the store!

Two weeks+ of playing telephone tag with district mgr. and having my call backs ignored - finally talked to Cal - only to be lectured on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason. Less than satisfactory contact.

Appreciate your help.

Yata hey
I have no knowledge of what you ask...but look forward to hearing about how you set them on the right path... yata hey!!!!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Forward

Delete

spacer.gif

- Choose Folder -Sent ItemsDeleted Items

Move

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart-audio/Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart.pdf

Walmart Marketing Office, Joe McQueen 757.471.1651
Walmart Regional Marketing Office, Cory Confer or Robert Reck 570.821.6180
Walmart Washington Regional Manager, Don Roseborough 360.657.1192

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I pasted somethings from my personal wal-mart experience. Hopefully this helps. They actually have live people to talk to at these numbers when I called. I doubt the (360) will be helpful though that's for my neck of the woods.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart-audio/Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart.pdf

Walmart Marketing Office, Joe McQueen 757.471.1651
Walmart Regional Marketing Office, Cory Confer or Robert Reck 570.821.6180
Walmart Washington Regional Manager, Don Roseborough 360.657.1192

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I pasted somethings from my personal wal-mart experience. Hopefully this helps. They actually have live people to talk to at these numbers when I called. I doubt the (360) will be helpful though that's for my neck of the woods.
Appreciate the responses:
McQueen 757-471-1651 recorded referral to 757-867-8374 no answer or voice mail.

Cory Confer is on vacation - was referred to Greg Frank (Regional Office) at 609-671-3304 and got voice mail for Trudy (ass't) - left message.

No return calls yet.
Really like http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/download/ocdo/training-bulletins/walmart-audio/Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

Situation is - on 5/27 I was stopped at local Wal-Mart, surrounded by private security and three store employees, store manager arrived after 10 min. and told me he did not like open carry (was a former LEO he said), suggested that I put it in my vehicle and conceal next time - I declined as gun would not be safe and I was not dressed to conceal.

After many hours of telephone tag and unreturned phone calls, District Mgr. "Cal" called and lectured me on their right to ask anyone to leave for any reason but would not say that I could or could not OC in that store. Indicated it was the managers call.

Got a bone in my teeth now. Will continue up the management chain until I find someone like the lady on the mp3 recording above.

Yata hey

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yea you can tell she is reading directly from their corporate policy, wich nobody can get a hard copy of. I asked for one with my incident and was told to carry the constitution with me. I saw an e-mail from Corey on one of the threads here but couldn't seem to find it that confirmed their coroporate policy.

When I called and wrote e-mail thru Wal-mart site. Someone from corporate didn't contact me back but informed the manager of my store what their policy is and he called and told me and apologized for the incident. (wich he wasn't invovled in, it was his assistant manager and an employee)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Yea you can tell she is reading directly from their corporate policy, wich nobody can get a hard copy of. I asked for one with my incident and was told to carry the constitution with me. I saw an e-mail from Corey on one of the threads here but couldn't seem to find it that confirmed their coroporate policy.

When I called and wrote e-mail thru Wal-mart site. Someone from corporate didn't contact me back but informed the manager of my store what their policy is and he called and told me and apologized for the incident. (wich he wasn't invovled in, it was his assistant manager and an employee)
Been working my way up the food chain. Store mgr of Sheila Rd (Desmond) was the anti OC ex-LEO, Cal of District Office ignored policy. Email to corp was referred to store in spite of my request that it not be.

Suspect a lot of turn-over hence new employees not familiar with corp. policy. We shall see. Also as to issue of embarrassment and humiliation, Desmond was sorry but..........his policy was his policy.

Yata hey

NytoVa

imported post

Grapeshot,

I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.

Here is the letter I wrote to them..
---------------

I understand that the Manager of your Chesapeake, Virginia Wal-Mart store is leading the charge to ban in-store carry of firearms on a district wide basis.

I have been legally carrying a firearm for over 30 years in multiple states. I strongly support my constitutional right to carry a firearm with both my votes and dollars. Today I spent over $200 in your Chesapeake stores. My family spends over $10,000 per year at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club and can produce receipts to prove it.

If you ban firearms in your stores, I will not be able to enter and therefore will no longer be your customer.

Please respond with a definitive answer to this change in policy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NytoVa wrote:
Grapeshot,

I'm the one who received the call from Joe McQueens office. I remember having to write several times as I kept getting referred to the store and I wouldn't settle for that. Keep after them and they will respond.
Not going to quit - to important.

Hope eventually to speak to Robert Reck or Joe McQueen. Desire response similar to -
and reeducation of store manager and staff. An apology would be nice but might be more than can be expected.

People should be judged by their actions not by someone else's prejudice.

Yata hey

Jonesy

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
Grapeshot,

Not going to quit - to important.

Hope eventually to speak to Robert Reck or Joe McQueen. Desire response similar to -
and reeducation of store manager and staff. An apology would be nice but might be more than can be expected.

People should be judged by their actions not by someone else's prejudice.

Yata hey
Keep after them, this is for us all. Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NytoVa wrote:

I am glad you got that , it has helped out a lot of who has problems with certain Wal-mart employees. I think that recording has been passed along to all the more prolific open carry forums. Did you ever get anything in writing?