• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raw 911 tape: home invasion and double murder

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvextra-index.html?nvid=372025&shu=1

Home invaded by vicious, armed thugs. Father and ten year old daughter shot and killed. Mother, shot in leg, only able to save herself with pistol.

If you can listen to this straight through without choking up or being completely horrified, you're tougher than I am. It might be overkill, but those who "don't believe" in armed self-defense might be asked to listen to this, then reconsider.

There is true evil out there.

Riana

imported post

Oh my God.Horrified is a poor adjective in this case.

I thought the operator did a great job, considering what the victim was dealing with, both physically and mentally. And +1 to the operator for telling the victim to re-arm herself, in case the cars outside were not the good guys.

I was going to go to bed, but I doubt I'll get any sleep, having listened to that.

trailblazer2003

imported post

Hmm. Eighteen minute plus response time. Sounds like "the whole army" was a little late to the party.

Glad she remember the husbands handgun and was able to use it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Seventeen minute 45 second response time.

Two dead, one saved by a gun.

The only thing I might want to see is the dispatcher finding out how serious the bleeding from the leg wound.

Riana

imported post

Citizen wrote:

The only thing I might want to see is the dispatcher finding out how serious the bleeding from the leg wound.
I think the operator was mostly trying to get the victim to focus on something other than the carnage around her - her own leg, her dead family, etc. Short of discussing the weather, I think she handled it pretty well. That and some people (myself included) would not handle looking at such a wound well - I've been known to faint looking at someone else's IV line. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Riana wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I think the operator was mostly trying to get the victim to focus on something other than the carnage around her - her own leg, her dead family, etc. Short of discussing the weather, I think she handled it pretty well. That and some people (myself included) would not handle looking at such a wound well - I've been known to faint looking at someone else's IV line. :)
You've got a point. I wasn't so much criticizing the dispatcher as suggesting something learned from this event to apply to next time.

Basically, the my old Boy Scout first-aid training was coming back."Stop the bleeding. Start the breathing. Treat for shock."

Now that I think about it, it came back pretty quick."Stop the bleeding" came to mind instantly whenthe caller said she was bleeding [pretty bad, or however she worded it].

tuna quesadilla

imported post

This is why I first got into firearms. This could happen to ANYBODY, anytime, anywhere. The only reason she is still alive right now is because she was able to fight her attackers off with a firearm.

45acpForMe

imported post

tuna quesadilla wrote:
This is why I first got into firearms. This could happen to ANYBODY, anytime, anywhere. The only reason she is still alive right now is because she was able to fight her attackers off with a firearm.
Protection of my family is exactly why I bought my first gun. I have two daughters about the same age as the deceased. The thought of how a person can kill a child in cold blood repulses me and I believe there should be exceptions to the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause!:cuss:

Statesman

imported post

Yes, this could happen to anyone, but it would be less likely to happen if a person is not involved in the drug trade.

"The husband who was murdered has a history of being involved in narcotics and there was an anticipation that there would be a considerable amount of cash at this location as well as the possibility of drugs," Dupnik said.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, that's just all the more reason to legitimize the drug trade, and further legitimize the arming for self-defense those participants in the trade who wish to behave in a civil fashion.

And in the meantime, that's all the more reason for those who are involved to arm themselves, whether they are aggressive individuals or not, and whether the rest of us have a problem with that, or not.

JT

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Well, that's just all the more reason to legitimize the drug trade, and further legitimize the arming for self-defense those participants in the trade who wish to behave in a civil fashion.

Most of those in the drug trade are already armed. They are criminalswho don't respect the laws against drug trafficking and abuse. Why would one assume that they would respect laws about the possesion and use of firearms? The erratic and often dangerous behavior of drug addicts and drug dealersis one of the reasons law abiding citizens choose to arm themselves.

More on topic, once again a gun in the hand of a crimevictimsaved a life. It's just a pity it wasn't drawn sooner.

JT

imported post

I understand the"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"viewpoint of those who want to legalize the drug trade. I disagree with it for many reasons, but to keep from hijacking this thread with that discussion, I'll say again. It's a pity that the victim's gun wasn't drawn sooner. The 911 call would have been better if it had went something like this.

911, What is your emergency?

Please send police and an ambulance to ________ , there has been a shooting.

What happened?

Some armedpeopleinvaded our home and we had to defend ourselves.

How many people invaded your home?

I'm not sure but three have been shot.

Is anyone in your family injured?

No, only the invaders...

Eighteen minutes of that would have made for far better listening. The bright side is that because one victim was able to get a gun and defend herself, at least three violent criminals will go to jail and hopefully will be executed by the state.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wonder if "drug trade involvement" had anything to do with the 18 minute response time...

I get the impression these "minutemen" wannabes had some idea that it's OK to rob such a person, "because after all, he's a criminal", and murder his daughter too.

Of course, from this scenario and others it would seem that "those involved in the drug trade" are aggressed against as much as they are aggressors.

At least we can all agree that it's a shame the gun didn't come out sooner. We'd all much rather see a living daughter and dead perps. :cuss:

david.ross

imported post

I can't help to think if you shown the 911 call to an anti, they'd state the incident wouldn't have happened if guns were banned.

I'm glad the woman had access to a firearm, she saved her life. In a society of laws, there is no room for vigilantism, those people will see their day in court.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, I was thinking that. A comment I made earlier in another thread in response to Dutch Uncle mentioning this recording was sparked by that very notion.

There are better examples to use, if we're trying to get an emotional response.

KansasMustang

imported post

marshaul wrote:

And in the meantime, that's all the more reason for those who are involved to arm themselves, whether they are aggressive individuals or not, and whether the rest of us have a problem with that, or not.
Legitimize the drug trade? Uh sorry Marshaul I can't go along with you about that. Maybe Marijuana, and tax the stuffins out of it and then make regs that allow for urinalysis testing for traffic stops. But Cocaine and Meth and Heroine ? Those are life destroying drugs.
Not to totally get off topic, God Bless the Gal, and her family may they rest in peace. But damn the fella for his placing his family at risk in the first place. The worst part is the child was the totally innocent victim. 18 minute response from the police? Not bad considering,,but yet again a perfect example of when seconds count...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Meth" doesn't destroy lives any more than the same drug prescribed in a legal setting does (the same active ingredient in "crystal meth" is legally prescribed all the time, minus impurities). People destroy their own lives.

Or, if anything, street "meth" is less safe than legal methamphetamine, but only because there is no liability applied to illegal "meth lab" manufacturers for making impure and unsafe drugs, whereas legal drug manufacturers are highly regulated. Which is yet another argument to get government out of the unconstitutional business of empowering gangs with prohibition. :quirky