• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FREE open carry class to be held at Coloma Rod and Gun Club

mooseracing

imported post

Hope you get a good turnout, I shot my first clays there in 8th grade as a school field trip (was going to hartford at the time).

Now I enjoy them in the back yard. If I am down visiting my parents I will try to make it out.

Michigander

imported post

If it's feasible and appropriate, you should record the seminar, and put it on youtube.

Pullnshoot25 and his brother recently made a fabulous series of youtube videos on unloaded kali carrying, and how to do it properly. We should have more educational videos available to Michigan OCers. It's easier for some to get their heads around than reading through legal jargon.

autosurgeon

imported post

Thanks Dr. Todd! I will be working on the packets later this week. If you can think of anything that you feel should be in them let me know! For now I intend to include a flyer and OC Map and all of the MCL code that applies to OC. I also am going to include the AG opinions that pertain.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
REMEMBER - WHEN DEMONSTRATING WITH AN ACTUAL FIREARM:

ALWAYS triple-check the action, and have a third party visually check to make sure the chamber is clear AS WELL AS put their pinky in the chamber to confirm.

I agree Zig, but I got all kinds of slamming and flaming in the WI and hot-topics section when there was a link to a newspaper article and video when I cleared my weapon and verified an empty chamber with my pinky. Some were whining that their thunb may get pinched if the slide releases along with a few other lame excuses. my reply was "better to have a sore thumb than deal with an N-D!

Several peopleasked where I learned that from, And I do not remember! but I always check visually and maketactile check to verify.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I'm planning to be there. If you need anything "last minute", feel free to ask. If I can help in any other way, also feel free to ask. I'm looking forward to it.

autosurgeon

imported post

I am going to have a laptop and projector for the power point presentation.

I will also have a packet of info for each person. Laws, AG opinions and the like.

I may ask you to take picture and video with my camera part of the time if thats ok!