• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you rate

bohdi

imported post

[align=center]I have been wondering a long time how every day folks rate against the counties finest. Looks like that might be answered soon....[/align]
[align=center]MEDIA ADVISORY

Giving it Their Best Shot
The Fairfax County Police Department is hosting a tactical police competition Saturday, June 20 designed to test the shooting skills of 70 officers from around the region. The contest will evaluate each officer’s skill using a variety of duty weapons and equipment, in scenario-based formats. Challenges will include: assessing threat and non-Givthreat targets; firing from varied shooting positions; making tactical decisions while moving through a course; using cover and working around visual barriers; being responsible for ammunition management; and balancing the critical relationship between accuracy with speed.

Where: Fairfax County Firearms Range, 3721 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA
When: Media availability between 10 a.m. and noon

Marco

imported post

I don't believe this is open to the GP.:X
NLVPD did this a few yrs back and allowed the GP,they gottheir ^$$"$ handed to them.
The top five in all events weren't LE.:lol:

Categories included:
Pistol
Shotgun
Carbine/rifle out to 100 yrds
Subgun

[line]
Last yr after this event the family and I ran into a few LEO's from Jersey at Applebee's.

bohdi

imported post

I don't think it will be open to the public either, I just hope the results and the setup are so you can get a sense of perspective and potentially recreate for your own safe evaluation purposes :)

Marco

imported post

Having shot the NLV event yrs ago a range with the ability to shot at least 160 degrees is helpful/almost mandatory.

Other almost mandatory items include moving targets,stage props (building facades), moving targets, 100+yrd rangeand possibly a clearing house.

bohdi

imported post

Sounds like one would have to invest in one of the classes at NRA or at Silver Eagle to try and do this, or one of the other advanced schools. It will be interesting to see what comes out afterwards.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Sounds like one would have to invest in one of the classes at NRA or at Silver Eagle to try and do this, or one of the other advanced schools. It will be interesting to see what comes out afterwards.

If you want to see the best of both LEO and regular joes get their butts handed back to themselves, schedule a trip to the National Tactical Invitationals. http://www.teddytactical.com/

Nobody comes out unscathed. Nobody shoots a clean round with no mistakes. Everybody wins as everybody learns. They post everything on the website so those that cannot watch or choose not to participate can share in the learning process.

stay safe.

skidmark