• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast June 20th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

9:30 AM Sat. June 20th
Come join us for breakfast - debriefing re last OC dinner and planning for new fun. :cool:

City Diner Across Broad St from main DMV
2237 W Broad St

Richmond, VA 23220
Map
(804) 254-1974

Yata hey

PS - If your membership is not current, I'll stamp your card. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Armed wrote:
Hey Grape - What's the parking situation like?
Not bad at all on Sat. morning.

City Diner has permission to park on the dry cleaners lot next door - about 10-12 spaces and no meter street parking.

Arby's lot (across Strawberry St) is empty this time of day too. ;)

Yata hey

PS - they have the 2nd best bacon in town - I have the best at home through a private source. :D

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Armed wrote:
There's a lot just to the west of the building, shared with the dry cleaner. There's street parking on the south side of Broad and around the corner- no meters. There's the massive DMV lot across Broad Street. There are lots behind DMV and south of the Worker's Comp building. The lot at the Diamond is usually locked unless there is an event. They tow at the Arthur Ashe Center unless there is an event.The Convention Center/Coliseum parking decks - you can catch a bus from Broad Street. My place is about 15 miles south - room in the driveway for about 3 cars. No bus service.

Better to ask about seating availability. Be on time or you may have to sit at the children's table.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Armed wrote:
Better to ask about seating availability. Be on time or you may have to sit at the children's table.
We can always take over a section as we did at O'Charley's.

City Diner does reserve seating on a first come basis for regular customers of which I am one. :D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Armed wrote:
Okay - I'll be there. I hate "downtown" Richmond... Thisbetter be damn good bacon! ;)
That's mid-town Richmond.

Downtown still has parking meters.

Re bacon: they make up in quantity what little they may lack in quality. :)

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Only once have I heard Grapeshot whinge & whine about the bacon at City Diner - and then it was only about one end of one piece.

Be aware that the Big Bertha (or whatever the correct name is) scrambled eggs & garlic will stay on your breath for the rest of the day.

stay safe.

skidmark