• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Suit accuses TSA of unreasonable airport detention' of Steven Bierfeldt

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Shortly before being deployed, I flew to kalifornia for some training. I flew in uniform, and upon return to the Ontario airport, a screener all but strip searched me.

I guess soldiers in uniform look like terrorists. :? The TSA is nothing short of a group of jack booted thugs. I hold mall ninjas in higher regard.

Doug Huffman wrote:
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.TSA KMA$$

Thundar

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Shortly before being deployed, I flew to kalifornia for some training. I flew in uniform, and upon return to the Ontario airport, a screener all but strip searched me.

I guess soldiers in uniform look like terrorists. :? The TSA is nothing short of a group of jack booted thugs. I hold mall ninjas in higher regard.

Doug Huffman wrote:
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.TSA KMA$$
The TSA is really a bunch of knuckleheads on a power trip. Hooray for the Campaign for Liberty. Fighting tyranny wherever it rears its' ugly head!

6L6GC

imported post

my wife and I recently enjoyed a two week vacation in Deutschland. Had a grand ole time until we arrived in Philly. The TSA quota fillers there are some sophomoric pr**ks on a mission to be strut they fly stuff dog, yo.

That they do not care about aircraft security is clear to all but the most naive of fools. Their main mission is seems is to chat it up in ebonics while being as bellicose as possible.

G. Gordon Liddy warned incessantly on his show about the dangers of unionizing a bunch of naves to harass travelers, but to no avail. The grow the gov'mint crowd carried the day and now we must suffer the result.

Strip searches of grannies on walkers and cavity searches of pre-teen girls should have been enough to spark a major revolt, but ahh yas, the grass is green for the sheep.

"Whut? a man was detained for "X" [not submitting to a violation of his rights]? Uh, he musta had it comin." baaaas the sheeple.

When a "department" openly operates outside the restraints of constitutional law and their deportment is sanctioned by the highest court in the land, then tyranny is the inevitable result.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

rpyne

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Good. If that works, maybe next they'll get rid of those dumbass zipblock bag rules.
I'd rather we just get rid of the TSA altogether. Lets see, how does that quote go??? Oh yeah, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

wheelerXD

imported post

The TSA at the Honolulu airport were horrible. Everytime we would get either pre or post deployment leave my self and one of the guys I worked with would go there together and we would always get searched. So he decided to ask if we fit some sort of profile or somethin. The response we got was "no you're military so we choose you guys to fill our quotas for the day since you don't give us greif when we search you." which is great you know since one of us is going to bring a bomb or gun or anything else on a plane and try to commit an act of terrorism.

But the Brits got it right back in 2003 I went there to visit my sis who was stationed out there and there customs were pulling everyone that fit a certain terroristic race/religon profile off to the side for extra screening. Which I felt kinda bad for them but at the same time I thought it was great that they were being proactive I guess would be an apropiate word.

Semper Fi

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
don't fly.

True that. I have not paid for a flight since 9/11. The only flights I have taken have been paid for by the militar... well, YOU! :p

And just in case someone reads this to mean that I'm afraid to fly since 9/11? No.

I just refuse to pay good money to be stripped of my rights by the TSA. I'd rather drive.

I have an idea to save the reputation of the TSA. Instead of spending tons of cash we don't have on new screening methods, lets spend money on handguns.

If you walk through the metal detector, and it fails to beep, you would hear, "Would you likea GLOCK or a Springfield, Sir?" :dude:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I have an idea to save the reputation of the TSA. Instead of spending tons of cash we don't have on new screening methods, lets spend money on handguns.

If you walk through the metal detector, and it fails to beep, you would hear, "Would you likea GLOCK or a Springfield, Sir?"
:monkey

rpyne

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I just refuse to pay good money to be stripped of my rights by the TSA. I'd rather drive.
Or take the train. I have flown only once (commercially) since 9/11 and that waslast year when the tracks got flooded out in Iowa and Nebraska and I had to go to Chicago for a conference.

If you walk through the metal detector, and it fails to beep, you would hear, "Would you like a GLOCK or a Springfield, Sir?"
I have advocated that since the 1970s when planes were getting hijacked to Cuba.

Tomahawk

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
You better check again.
TSA is coming to a railroad near you. Soon.
Buses, too.

They've been saying this for years, but I don't see how they could implement it. Most train and bus stops are just a concrete platform out in the middle of nowhere.

But I guess if you're a government agency with unlimited funds you can do anything.

In any case, driving isn't foolproof, either, since TSA/state police/National Guard/Border Patrolcould theoretically start searching cars before allowing you to cross bridges or tunnels or any other nonsense they can make up.

rpyne

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
In any case, driving isn't foolproof, either, since TSA/state police/National Guard/Border Patrolcould theoretically start searching cars before allowing you to cross bridges or tunnels or any other nonsense they can make up.
They have been stopping cars and searching trailers at Hover Dam since 9/11.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
They've been saying this for years, but I don't see how they could implement it. Most train and bus stops are just a concrete platform out in the middle of nowhere.
I rode a Greyhound from Walla Walla to Grand Junction, a milk run. The bus would stop at the thirty-third power pole from some junction and an old Indian would shoulder his knapsack and walk towards the horizon. Ten minutes later and the bus would stop in the middle of nowhere and an identical looking old guy would get on. It happened many times.

I imagine that a DHS/TSA agent would <deleted> for his inconvenientness. "Scuse me, Chief, can I look in your bag?" "Ugh. Grunt." Snick!

Marco

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
That nonsense already occurs.
When moving to VAwe weren'tallowed to drive over Hoover Dam because I refused consent to search our vehicles.