• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Chief Ed Flynn Can't Stop Screwing The Public

AaronS

imported post

drewdown wrote:
iceman71 wrote:
not knowing the law on this but isn't adultry still illegal. Even though you hear no cases

Indeed it is:

Whoever does the following is guilty of a Class I Felony:

(1) A married person who has sexual intercourse with a person not the married person's spouse; or

(2) A person who has sexual intercourse with a person who is married to another.

944.16 - ANNOT.
History: 1977 c. 173; 1993 a. 486; 2001 a.
I wish I had the money to run with this. By law, it sounds like it would work.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

AaronS wrote:
drewdown wrote:
iceman71 wrote:
not knowing the law on this but isn't adultry still illegal. Even though you hear no cases
Indeed it is:

(1) A married person who has sexual intercourse with a person not the married person's spouse; or

(2) A person who has sexual intercourse with a person who is married to another.
944.16 - ANNOT.
Ok, we had a large public figure break current written law in Milwaukee, Why is he not being prosecuted and why isn't the little hose-beast being prosecuted.

I think Flynn should have one of the MPD arrest him and the prosecutor should go forwrd with the case. It would be really nice if one of the major newspapers would publish the fact that he should be cited for his self-admitted illegal acts of adultery. Wouldn't he basically be forced to an arrest then?

otter

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
AaronS wrote:
drewdown wrote:
iceman71 wrote:
Indeed it is:

944.16 - ANNOT.
Ok, we had a large public figure break current written law in Milwaukee, Why is he not being prosecuted and why isn't the little hose-beast being prosecuted.

I think Flynn should have one of the MPD arrest him and the prosecutor should go forwrd with the case. It would be really nice if one of the major newspapers would publish the fact that he should be cited for his self-admitted illegal acts of adultery. Wouldn't he basically be forced to an arrest then?

Technically speaking, he couldn't be arrested for the crime yet. The DA would need a place and time of the alleged crime to go forward with proceedings.

Saying nothing about the moral issues here, we now have a self-admitted felon running the Milwaukee Police Dept. While I personally feel the statute on adultery is outdated and needs to be repealed, these 'the law is the law' types cannot pick and choose what they are going to enforce. They can't have it both ways; either punish everyone under the laws as they are written, or get these damn laws off the books.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Wishful thinking everyone, it's not going to happen. When was the last time there was a prosecution for adultery in Wisconsin? Even the statute says it is not the intention of the state to regulate the sexual conduct of consenting adults. If you think the jails are full of people for minor pot possession charges, just imagine how full they'd be if they started prosecuting for adultery. They'd need another prison just to hold the public officials...

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Why is it on the books? It is not exactly an antiquated statute if it was passed or revised in 1977. As likely to get a conviction on that as an open carry disorderly conduct charge.

iceman71

imported post

thats right. If we are guna be treated like criminals for oc'ing then he should be treated same way. Seeing as his is a real crime. Dumb one on books, but still a crime.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think a few letters to the editor at the JS is due here folks. I'll try to put something together during lunch, but I'm affraid that I may not have the time to put together an effect argument (plus I am an engineer by trade and literacy is NOT my strong point :dude:).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
I think a few letters to the editor at the JS is due here folks. I'll try to put something together during lunch, but I'm affraid that I may not have the time to put together an effect argument (plus I am an engineer by trade and literacy is NOT my strong point :dude:).
That's 'cause you're one of them Mechanical EnGiNeErS. Being a Manufacturing Engineer, I can read.... unless it's a blueprint from a Mechanical EnGiNeEr.:p

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
pvtschultz wrote:
That's 'cause you're one of them Mechanical EnGiNeErS. Being a Manufacturing Engineer, I can read.... unless it's a blueprint from a Mechanical EnGiNeEr.:p
Ya got me on that one :banghead:.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

June 30, 2009

Heard on wisn 12 at 6:00 pm da not to charge flynn for adultery couldn't find story on line.

http://www.wisn.com/news/19911241/detail.html

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn will not face criminal charges for his extra-marital affair.

A community activist group filed a complaint against the chief last week, claiming he should face criminal charges for adultery.

Adultery is illegal in Wisconsin, but the law hasn't been enforced in decades.

The district attorney said that's why the chief won't face criminal charges. Activists said the case isn't over yet.

I think we need to exercise patience in this situation and let them proceed with some of the things they have at work already. And that's all I can say at this particular time," community activist Lamonte Harris said.

The district attorney said he has no intention of charging the chief with a crime.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"On April 20, 2009, Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued a memorandum to district attorneys stating that open carry was legal and does not warrant a charge of disorderly conduct. Despite the memo, Milwaukee police chief Ed Flynn instructed his officers to take down anyone with a firearm, take the gun away, and then determine if the individual could legally carry it." - Wikipedia

So whatever happened to Ed Flynn? Is he still in office after instructing his officers to commit such a heinous action?