• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is OC going? What can be done to help the cause?

CaptainDan

imported post

I wasn't calling you a whack job nor insulting your views, I merely meant if we gather and act like asses, it will hurt our cause. I suggest we all leave other agendas at the door and have an OC meet up for the purpose of OC and nothing ealse.

CaptainDan

imported post

I hate cats but do not condem you for loving the worthless, smelly, rat lookin wastes of fur, however we , as far as I know don't carry cats on our belts in public. Therefor our difference on cats doesn't matter, does it?:lol:

derf

imported post

"Irresponsible behavior." Again, you won't come right out and say it, but I will. No, exercising a right is NOT that at all.
An example of irresponsible behavior would be OCing in Wal Mart and not leaving when asked to leave. I can point to a recent case. The OCer did not understand his right to OC and where the boundaries are. He acted irresponsibly and was arrested and prosecuted. I know you, Mr. M, know better. But, this isn't alwasys about you.

Go ahead, refer to me, Anthony and Double J as "nutcases." Your opinion doesn't matter at all. There is no "OC loophole." That's about what I've come to expect from CC / bayoushooter-type folks. Open carry, unlike CC, is a RIGHT, get over it.
I did not directly refer to you or anyone else specifically as nutcases, although I admit my opinion leans that way sometimes. There are some nutcases on bayoushooter, too, I'm sure.
Legally there is no "OC loophole" but you can bet the farm that "the sheeple" see OC as a loophole or throwback from the days of the Wild West. If you don't think some negative publicity could sink OC for all of us then you are just in denial. Articles, sections, laws, verdicts, opinions, and sentiment will be useless if the issue is thrust upon the legislature and they vote to end OC in LA. I don't think a majority of "the sheeple" are pro-OC and therefore I think we (OCers) should tread lightly. Otherwise there will come a day when we have the OC right taken from us.
I hope I'm wrong and it never happens.

CaptainDan

imported post

If we turn a friendly law abiding OC meet up into an anti Gov Rally, were all fuc%@#

Not going to the meet up to over throw the Gov. just have lunch with good people who think like me.

We'll over throw the Gov. next time.

derf

imported post

You're correct. We SHOULD rally behind OC, but not the NRA sanitized version. I just cannot understand why so many who CLAIM to support OC get so worked up when we DO oc. Either you support OC or you don't, get your arse off the fence.
I support OC. But I don't support it in exactly the same way you do. I don't get worked up when you do it. It is what you do WHILE you are OCing that affects others' right to OC.

Anyone who still supports the government of THIS country cannot, with a straight face, claim to be a real, genuine, honest-to-goodness supporter of gun rights. Are you referring to the very government which is trying to SQUASH your right to carry? LOL, just too funny.
Sorry, but I still believe America (with Obama) is still better than most other places I could go. Otherwise, we are all free to leave America.

Whack jobs? Yea, most Amerikan sheeple would consider me to be just that. I wear that title proudly.
You said it. I can agree with that somewhat.

derf

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
If we turn a friendly law abiding OC meet up into an anti Gov Rally, were all fuc%@#

Not going to the meet up to over throw the Gov. just have lunch with good people who think like me.

We'll over throw the Gov. next time.
LOL, next time.

I agree with that.

imported post

It's quite easy to consider people like me whackjobs or nutjobs.
That's due to your own lack of knowledge and/or worship of the institution of state.

HOPEFULLY, after much real life experiences and living with eyes wide open, you TOO, will realize I've been speaking the truth all along and it won't sound or come across as so "far out."

If I don't teach you kids anything else, let it be this: the legislature CANNOT "close the OC loophole" for two reasons.
1. it's a right beyond their reach;
2. it would require a constitutional convention, with a very, very, very, very, an almost non-existent chance of happening. Just admit it. We (me and the few other real OC'ers) have a RIGHT guaranteed under article 1 sec 11 to bear arms, not owing it's existence to anyone.
Nobody has to approve of OC in order for any of us TO OC. Quit whining about jeopardizing anything, this is beginning to sound like an NRA forum.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
It's quite easy to consider people like me whackjobs or nutjobs.
That's due to your own lack of knowledge and/or worship of the institution of state.

HOPEFULLY, after much real life experiences and living with eyes wide open, you TOO, will realize I've been speaking the truth all along and it won't sound or come across as so "far out."

If I don't teach you kids anything else, let it be this: the legislature CANNOT "close the OC loophole" for two reasons.
1. it's a right beyond their reach;
2. it would require a constitutional convention, with a very, very, very, very, an almost non-existent chance of happening. Just admit it. We (me and the few other real OC'ers) have a RIGHT guaranteed under article 1 sec 11 to bear arms, not owing it's existence to anyone.
Nobody has to approve of OC in order for any of us TO OC. Quit whining about jeopardizing anything, this is beginning to sound like an NRA forum.

We will see about that. Many things were out of their reach, and they still happened.

NAT

imported post

The way you are informing a business that open carry is your constitutional right we will start seeing them exercise their rights ---NO SMOKING-NO OPEN CARRY

Then you can open carry at home and in your truck but no where else

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

NAT wrote:
The way you are informing a business that open carry is your constitutional right we will start seeing them exercise their rights ---NO SMOKING-NO OPEN CARRY

Then you can open carry at home and in your truck but no where else

According to mem, and he is never wrong, we are all just crazy, private property owners have no rights. His right to OC trumps what you can tell him to do or not do on YOUR property.

x-sheeple

imported post

I have enjoyed reading the posts here for a couple of months now and decided to put in my .02. There are many opinons here about OC and CC, but we all need to realizethat ourcommon groundis "the right to keep and bear arms". MEM, I have read all of your comments and learned of your past, speaking of OCing. I have to say that I agree with you on many issues. Many Americans are asleep and unaware that this country is under attack from within by the far left. Our constitution is slowly being eroded away and interpreted by the left as it fits "their" agenda. I understand your stance on OCing to which it is our constitutional right but there are those in government, I know you're well aware, who don't agree. I am an OCer myselfbut I also have CCW permit for when I want to conceal carry. I do not agree with this law but I do not want to go to jail if caught CC without it. It is an improachment on our 2nd amendment rights, but it is the law in LA. Sorry about being so long, but I guess my point is that we all need to work together to change these un-constitutional laws.

imported post

LOL, just LOVE your nickname. At least you're man enough to admit you're an EX.

Keep reading, studying and asking questions, then you'll agree with me on just about ALL issues. The truth IS out there, for those who truly want to learn, unlike most here.

Slowly being eroded? Naw, check the speedometer, it's whizzing on down the road to serfdom.

Most of "those in government" don't agree with me on just about anything, which explains the mess this once-great Republic is in. If they DID agree with me, well, it wouldn't be this way at all.

CCW permits: the state is the enemy of liberty, plain and simple. It no longer even attempts to present the image of being there to protect your rights or "serve" you. The gloves are off. To stoop, beg and whimper for a permission slip only further empowers them. I'd love to see the day when ZERO permits are issued, everyone is OC'ing instead.

I can just hear the NRA types now...................

imported post

Had the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's followed the lead of most of you,
Rosa Parks would be in jail, there would still be "whites only" water fountains and blacks would not be allowed to vote.

The only reason I can come up with for such stiff opposition to OC'ing is cowardice.
The NRA should pay for a banner ad on this site, with so many potential recruits present.

turbodog

imported post

The only reason I can come up with for such stiff opposition to OC'ing is cowardice.
Mark,

Who here, on these boards, opposes OC? Yes, some people on the BayouShooter boards do, but this is an OC forum. Most of what we talk about here has to do with OC, wether it's about laws, people, places, experiences, it's in some way about Open Carry.

Unless it's a new guy just getting into this movement, most have carried a firearm openly while about our daily business, or if not, have already expressed support for theoption of OC. What oposition?

You OC, we OC. Unless you're refering to something other than the act of open carry, where is the cowardice?

I mean these as honest questions, not MEM bashing.

imported post

Have you ever noticed the NRA openly supporting OC? I haven't.
Most NRA types claim to support the right to bear arms, but not openly.
They give the concept of bearing arms lip service, but are offended by someone like me who actually DOES bear arms.
They use the excuse of "public perception" to shield their cowardice.
You'll never see THEM actually bearing arms OC style.
It is THOSE people who I consider cowards.
Bear arms, just not in public.

turbodog

imported post

Have you ever noticed the NRA openly supporting OC? I haven't.
Most NRA types claim to support the right to bear arms, but not openly.
They give the concept of bearing arms lip service, but are offended by someone like me who actually DOES bear arms.
They use the excuse of "public perception" to shield their cowardice.
You'll never see THEM actually bearing arms OC style.
It is THOSE people who I consider cowards.
Bear arms, just not in public.
Thank you for clearing that up.

For the record I'm a long-time NRA member.

But then, you did say "most" not "all". :D

imported post

IF, IF, IF OC is to move forward, it's going to be done by the man on the street, withOUT the assistance of the NRA (negotiate rights away).

OC'ing in private, OC'ing only where it's "approved," is NOT going to "carry the flag."
The push needs to take place where OC'ing is NOT met with open arms.
Am I advocating knowingly entering places where it's legally not allowed?
Not necessarily.
But to purposely avoid possible confrontation is cowardice.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

IF, IF, IF OC is to move forward, it's going to be done by the man on the street, withOUT the assistance of the NRA (negotiate rights away).

OC'ing in private, OC'ing only where it's "approved," is NOT going to "carry the flag."
The push needs to take place where OC'ing is NOT met with open arms.
Am I advocating knowingly entering places where it's legally not allowed?
Not necessarily.
But to purposely avoid possible confrontation is cowardice.

You of course realize, that the 2nd amendment, when viewed in it's literal cvontext at the time it was written does not support open or concealed carry, it simply means having arms available should the need to join the military in the reserve against the government should arise?

Nowhere in there does it say anything about carrying arms. Literary scholars state that in the times it was written, "bear arms" simply refers tot he ability to have a weapon available, IE own, should it be needed, and their most likely atempt was to allow for the citizenery to be armed shoulda revolt be necessary against the government or the military need resevres?

Now, i am in now way saying that we should not have the right to "keep and bear" and "open carry and conceal" arms, but am sure an internet scholar such as yourself, while most likely reluctant to admit, is aware of this fact.