• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fuddruckers goes antigun

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Being that she was going to allow him to bring his gun in he should have asked her to change the sign to read No Robberies. :shock: That is what they are trying to stop, right?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Being that she was going to allow him to bring his gun in he should have asked her to change the sign to read No Robberies. :shock: That is what they are trying to stop, right?
This is a great idea!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

No Crime Zone
Absolutely no illegal activity permitted
Legally Armed Citizens Welcomed

:celebrate

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

[align=center]No Crime Zone
[/align]
[align=center](Proper Dress Required)[/align]

[align=left]There. Fixed it for you. :D
[/align]

PavePusher

imported post

IfI wrote letters to places like this, I would include a copy of the receipt for the money I spent at one of their competitors. I would keep a list, and continue to send such receipts until the policy changes. (i.e.: Dear sir, regarding my letter of 35 June 2011, here is a copy ofanother receipt from Buisiness X, money I would have spent at your establishment had your company not been bigoted about my civil rights. I believe the total is now up to $XXX.XX) I'd word it a bit more diplomatically, of course, but you get the general idea.

Of course, here in Tucson, it's never really come up yet...:D:celebrate

Scout

imported post

I'm now working in the Richmond Area, and I do occassionally eat at Fuddruckers. Looks like I'm going to have to swing by and express my displeasure at having to take my business elsewhere.

richarcm

imported post

I don't eat there anyways. But I certainly won't now. It seems a better tactic would be to advertise on the door that you welcome gun owners. I bet you would find that decal to be much more effective.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

[align=center]No Crime Zone
[/align]
[align=center](Proper Dress Required)[/align]

[align=left]There. Fixed it for you. :D
[/align]
Yeah we don't want a banana exposing himself. We don't care what he's packing:shock:

Neplusultra

imported post

richarcm wrote:
I don't eat there anyways. But I certainly won't now. It seems a better tactic would be to advertise on the door that you welcome gun owners. I bet you would find that decal to be much more effective.
Perhaps even saying "Lawful Gun Owners". I think that would be good for business. Defuses the anti-gunners whose rationale is "illegal" guns....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
peter nap wrote:
On the door was lettering that said "No Guns". As it happens, my gun was in the car anyway
Wha??? What are you saying?? Are you saying your gun wasn't "ON" you :^)??? :cuss:

No, I wasn't wearing it. I don't always. I had two in the car. Both 45 auto and the Para I had just bought 20 minutes before. Where and when to wear it is a personal choice. I remarked to a fellow member once that I had never felt defenseless in my life.

Sometimes it just ain't worth the extra weight on my belt.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
peter nap wrote:
On the door was lettering that said "No Guns". As it happens, my gun was in the car anyway
Wha??? What are you saying?? Are you saying your gun wasn't "ON" you :^)??? :cuss:

No, I wasn't wearing it. I don't always. I had two in the car. Both 45 auto and the Para I had just bought 20 minutes before. Where and when to wear it is a personal choice. I remarked to a fellow member once that I had never felt defenseless in my life.

Now accepting nominations for the Committee of Inquisitionto investigatethe accused'spublic confession and the true depth of his heresies.

:D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Citizen wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Now accepting nominations for the Committee of Inquisitionto investigatethe accused'spublic confession and the true depth of his heresies.

:D
That isn't news. Go back and read some of my posts concerning people who feel they HAVE to wear it all the time.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
SNIP That isn't news. Go back and read some of my posts concerning people who feel they HAVE to wear it all the time.
Hey!! If I did that, I might find out something--like the truth.

Quit knocking holes in my arguments and ruining my jokes!

:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Citizen wrote:
peter nap wrote:
SNIP That isn't news. Go back and read some of my posts concerning people who feel they HAVE to wear it all the time.
Hey!! If I did that, I might find out something--like the truth.

Quit knocking holes in my arguments and ruining my jokes!

:)
If it makes you feel any better, I did have my Taser on,