• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

General Army Navy Store

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Well shopping with my wife at the general Army Navy Store. What happens four TVPD officers show up ID Me ask me to conceal my firearm. I tell them no it is legal for me to carry my firearm. I told them I would leave the store instead.

I got in my car called the Taylorsville Police Chief Del Craig and had him tell their officers it was okay for me to do so I handed my phone to

LT Roise Rivera they chatted for a min handed my phone back to me. told me to have a nice day and that I will not be concealing my firearm. And told them to have a nice day.

I will be filling a complaint against the officers involved. all four of them including Roise Rivera

I have to say the staff at the store was in support of me open carrying and shoppers as well had a fellow OC'er there who was very supportive hope to see his post as well. Went very well no handcuffs this time.

Hope for some better results next time from TVPD who still remains anti gun.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Having a bad week not sure. Maybe it was my dennim shorts and sandals. Trying to just stay low key maybe should go back to black pants and black shirt.

mqondo

imported post

That sucks that you are being sought after.
Good to see that the LEO's are being informed though.:D

b1ack5mith

imported post

So what number did you call in this incident? All I do is tell them to show me the law where it FORCES me to conceal, or where it shows that it's illegal for someone under 21 to carry. I'm glad you called about that! We should go from county to county, informing all the police dept's :D

thx997303

imported post

Holy crap man, I OCed for about a year and only had two police encounters. And I started before the PDs were becoming "informed"

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I had the cell-phone number for the Chief from a previous experience.

Once I stuck to my guns about not concealing my firearm the police backed down.

BTW LT Roise Rivera the media lady may appear nice on TV but kind of bitter and not a friend of law abiding citizens

Francis Marion

imported post

I pulled into the parking lot on my bike and noticed a police officer it the parking lot to the south just standing around. Shortly after I entered General Army Navy Surplus he entered the store with another officer and they began a coordinated search of the store. They were soon joined by two other officers. I first though someone robbed the store next door and they were looking for the perp in GANS. I began paying for my purchase at the cash register by the front door when someone at the cashier in the center of the store mentioned something like, "He had a gun." The cashier ringing me up said, "There's nothing wrong with that." It was about this time that the police found gunsfreak.

When I had finished paying for my stuff I walked over to provide some moral support but the issue seemed to have been resolved. I figured that anyone who openly carried a gun and resolved the issue so quickly must be a frequent visitor here. We introduced ourselves and walked out of the store together while the store employees kept saying that they didn't call the police and had no problem with him carrying.

I suspect the call came from a couple that were sitting in their car in front of the store. Meanwhile, I'm concerned that T-ville PD has enough officers just sitting around with nothing better to do than harass people who are doing nothing wrong. Either they are over staffed or miss managed; either way, the problem needs to be corrected.

PavePusher

imported post

Sounds like time for an FOIA request on any and all police communications on the incident, and the filing of a formal complaint for waste of police resources and a request for additional training.

Francis Marion wrote:
I pulled into the parking lot on my bike and noticed a police officer it the parking lot to the south just standing around. Shortly after I entered General Army Navy Surplus he entered the store with another officer and they began a coordinated search of the store. They were soon joined by two other officers. I first though someone robbed the store next door and they were looking for the perp in GANS. I began paying for my purchase at the cash register by the front door when someone at the cashier in the center of the store mentioned something like, "He had a gun." The cashier ringing me up said, "There's nothing wrong with that." It was about this time that the police found gunsfreak.

When I had finished paying for my stuff I walked over to provide some moral support but the issue seemed to have been resolved. I figured that anyone who openly carried a gun and resolved the issue so quickly must be a frequent visitor here. We introduced ourselves and walked out of the store together while the store employees kept saying that they didn't call the police and had no problem with him carrying.

I suspect the call came from a couple that were sitting in their car in front of the store. Meanwhile, I'm concerned that T-ville PD has enough officers just sitting around with nothing better to do than harass people who are doing nothing wrong. Either they are over staffed or miss managed; either way, the problem needs to be corrected.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

lol thats how I met Chief Del-Craig was OC when I was speaking to him about my last run in with his officer at summers wood Apt complex Charges were dropped

The only thing he said was you can't bring that into court. Other then that it was never brought up

Wish his officers would understand this

I am making it very clear I will be at taylorsville days on the 26th and I want no problems with his officers while I am their

And will request more training and senstivity training for their officers.

I hope to have a productive meeting and will post the results soon

Nuttycomputer

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
lol thats how I met Chief Del-Craig was OC when I was speaking to him about my last run in with his officer at summers wood Apt complex Charges were dropped

The only thing he said was you can't bring that into court. Other then that it was never brought up

Wish his officers would understand this

I am making it very clear I will be at taylorsville days on the 26th and I want no problems with his officers while I am their

And will request more training and senstivity training for their officers.

I hope to have a productive meeting and will post the results soon
Hey! I'm going to be attending Taylorsville Dayz as well. Hope to see you there. I'll be OC my 9mm S&W in a Serpa Holster while with my Wife and In-Laws probably.