• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

official language defined by attorney general for OC ?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
official language defined by attorney general for oc.I have looked and looked and cannot seem to find any law online that concerns oc from the attorney general.

Please post links to back it up.

The other day I sent an email to the AG about sending me some information for OC so that I can do a photographic tutorial sort of a how to OC with pics and the law right under the pics.
If any of you ladies and gents have any correspondence with the AG please get this information and I can start working on this.
There is no law saying OC is legal. Guberments don't pass laws that say what you can do. They pass laws saying what you cannot do. The Guberment cannot right laws regulating a right. So, to regulate (in Ohio) CC the Ohio Supreme Court had to declare OC a fundamental right. See Kline and ORC 9.68.

Not to poopoo your idea, but, the definition of CC (that's the courts definition) is arbitrary (decided by a judge rather than by a law or statute).

Good luck

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
to make my self more clear I understand that the state cannot infringe on our rights.
My goal for this project of mine to to show how you can and cannot bear and transport in ohio with pics and law to back up those pics along with direct information to give to LEOS so their time with LEOs is at least understood.
There are many new people to the forum and instead of writing 15 post and asking dumb questions,if you have tutorial w pics,links,law as a small handbook then the newbies like me can inform others.
What part of :
Not to poopoo your idea, but, the definition of CC (that's the courts definition) is arbitrary (decided by a judge rather than by a law or statute).
don't you understand?????

You must understand that a firearm laying out in plain site on a table could be ruled concealed buy a court. That's called arbitrary......

RT48

imported post

Just as an example of arbitrariness, most people who saw a guy carrying a gun in a military flap style holster would probably think he was open carrying. The Cleveland Police and Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason thought otherwise and the guy ended up being prosecuted for CCW.

Bustelo5%

imported post

uhh great?? good for you going to to LEO academy? hey i respect LEOS alot since I have worked with alot.

ALL NEXT REPLIES SHOULD BE LAW AND LAW ASSOCIATED ONLY

ANY CASES THE AG HAS DELT WITH OC

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
uhh great?? good for you going to to LEO academy? hey i respect LEOS alot since I have worked with alot.

ALL NEXT REPLIES SHOULD BE LAW AND LAW ASSOCIATED ONLY

ANY CASES THE AG HAS DELT WITH OC
You don't have to scream. And I think the problem is that you are demanding info as though we have a duty to hand it over. Typical thought process of an Army brat.

Start your research here......

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/ROD/docs/

Bustelo5%

imported post

Lets just agree that we dont see eye to eye,and I like to ask the first time questions since I am a first timer so ill stop posting on your posts and you stop posting on mine and life will go on since you cannot be cordial w your posts.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
Lets just agree that we dont see eye to eye,and I like to ask the first time questions since I am a first timer so ill stop posting on your posts and you stop posting on mine and life will go on since you cannot be cordial w your posts.
Good luck, you will need it.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Ok LAdies and Gents I am still working on this project of mine,I just need some definitons of CC so I can give Pics of OC of how you can and cannot.Im currently working on the format and all I need is the rest of the info.

Lthrnck

imported post

Well like Color of Law stated.

You are not going to get anything about Open Carry officially except for ORC 9.68 and the Klien vs. Leis, it's just not available.

The AG will not give out opinions to the general public.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
official language defined by attorney general for oc.I have looked and looked and cannot seem to find any law online that concerns oc from the attorney general.

Please post links to back it up.

The other day I sent an email to the AG about sending me some information for OC so that I can do a photographic tutorial sort of a how to OC with pics and the law right under the pics.
If any of you ladies and gents have any correspondence with the AG please get this information and I can start working on this.
You are one dense individual.

Official language "defined" by the AG?? ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!Now I have certainly heard it all.

How many times are you going to ask about the same question, or slight variations on it????

It's not from the AG (who is GOD, as far as you're concerned, it seems...), but add this to your magic talisman (you know, the one that's going to totally protect you from extra-legal police stops, and BS charges):

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

"(A) The individual right to keep and bear arms, being a fundamental individual right that predates the United States Constitution and Ohio Constitution, and being a constitutionally protected right in every part of Ohio, the general assembly finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state regulating the ownership, possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or other transfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition. Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

(B) In addition to any other relief provided, the court shall award costs and reasonable attorney fees to any person, group, or entity that prevails in a challenge to an ordinance, rule, or regulation as being in conflict with this section.

(C) As used in this section:

(1) The possession, transporting, or carrying of firearms, their components, or their ammunition include, but are not limited to, the possession, transporting, or carrying, openly or concealed on a person’s person or concealed ready at hand, of firearms, their components, or their ammunition.

(2) “Firearm” has the same meaning as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.

(D) This section does not apply to either of the following:

(1) A zoning ordinance that regulates or prohibits the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for residential or agricultural uses;

(2) A zoning ordinance that specifies the hours of operation or the geographic areas where the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms may occur, provided that the zoning ordinance is consistent with zoning ordinances for other retail establishments in the same geographic area and does not result in a de facto prohibition of the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for commercial, retail, or industrial uses."