• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

chiefjason

imported post

The only thing you need to OC in NC is to be able to legally own the firearm you are carrying. I have not had any problems OC'ing in Hickory. Don't get to do it as often as I would like. You don't see it much here. You may get a few questions about it, most folks don't realize it's legal. The CCP would be a plus in case you are asked to CC it by someone. Just be aware of where you cannot carry. State, city, and county property. Most of the places you can't CC you can't OC either. And the no weapons signs do carry legal weight here. I have seen everything from no CC, to no weapons period, even one that seemed to allow CC but not OC. Go figure. Hope it's uneventful for you up here.

mekender

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
The only thing you need to OC in NC is to be able to legally own the firearm you are carrying. I have not had any problems OC'ing in Hickory. Don't get to do it as often as I would like. You don't see it much here. You may get a few questions about it, most folks don't realize it's legal. The CCP would be a plus in case you are asked to CC it by someone. Just be aware of where you cannot carry. State, city, and county property. Most of the places you can't CC you can't OC either. And the no weapons signs do carry legal weight here. I have seen everything from no CC, to no weapons period, even one that seemed to allow CC but not OC. Go figure. Hope it's uneventful for you up here.

technically, only the "no concealed weapons" signs are addressed by NC law... in theory, the others wouldnt carry any legal weight... but i dont think i would want to test that...

razor_baghdad

imported post

mekender wrote:
technically, only the "no concealed weapons" signs are addressed by NC law... in theory, the others wouldnt carry any legal weight... but i dont think i would want to test that...

Funny you mention that....I OC inside Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union (Off post) all the time without so much as a stare.

The sign at the front door for all FBFCU's says 'No Concealed Carry Weapons'. If I miss my mark, they're half correct in following state law. No CC = OC is OK as it is in concurrence with NC OC, but not in accordance with CC with permit only, reciprocal of course, depending on origin of CCW license.

This goes directly to demeanor, but also to FBFCU being anti-gun with the 'No CC' policy.

IOW- You don't need an SC CCW to OC in NC.....it's legal in NC to OC....just not to CC when the Manager of the property says you can not.

What say you??