Thread: DC finally amends allowed handgun list

Post imported post

Finally. This was done to avoid another lawsuit the city would surely lose.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...prss=rss_metro

Post imported post

they're moving in the right direction but it is lamentable indeed (and quite telling) that they followed the lead of an oppressive state like Maryland instead of a free state like Virginia.

My hope is that these victories by pro-freedom people will inspire others to file lawsuits also until the district just throws up their hands and says: buy whatever you want.

Wish I had enough money to open a gun store in DC just about now.

Centurion

Post imported post

6L6GC wrote:
    they're moving in the right direction but it is lamentable indeed (and quite telling) that they followed the lead of an oppressive state like Maryland instead of a free state like Virginia.

My hope is that these victories by pro-freedom people will inspire others to file lawsuits also until the district just throws up their hands and says: buy whatever you want.

Yes, they are being dragged in the right direction while they are kicking, screaming, and fighting it every nanometer of the way!

Certainly, does not fit the mold of the compliant child (government) following the lead of a caring parent (Citizen)!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    6L6GC wrote:

Yes, they are being dragged in the right direction while they are kicking, screaming, and fighting it every nanometer of the way!
    +1000

Post imported post

These new rules are part of our continuing effort to develop reasonable laws and regulations governing gun ownership in the District," Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) said in a statement.
    Mayor Fenty is full of $hit. If he had it his way, firearm possession in the district would qualify a person for the death penalty.

Who wants to wager that in less than 24 hours, there will be some liberal ****** that writes an article claiming...

"Despite "terror shooting" at the Holocaust museum, District allows more hanguns to be brought in"

...even though that nutsack used a rifle to shoot up the place.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have some questions, here...

Why does DC use a "Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale..." from California? Can't theycreate oneon their own? (At least take it from CA's web and put DC's name on it.) Now DC goes to the Maryland State Police Handgun Roster in order to expand the offerings. Someone said why not use Virginia's list. Well, I can't find a list for Virginia. Does one exist? (I doubt it) Once again, DC is burning up $$ for no reason trying to do something that actually has no bearing on...anything.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Who wants to wager that in less than 24 hours, there will be some liberal ****** that writes an article claiming...

"Despite "terror shooting" at the Holocaust museum, District allows more hanguns to be brought in"

...even though that nutsack used a rifle to shoot up the place.
    Now I ambeing wrongfully accused of shooting a guard at the holocaust museum? I haven't left Wisconsin in the last 120 days, I swear it was not me! Although I was out shooting my .22 rifle last week, but in my back yard.

I do not remember which court case it was, But my recent purchase choice in a handgun was actually a banned firearm on D.C.'s no-golist.
    It was banned becuase the grip was OD green and the slide was black. (Springfield XD-m) in .40 S&W
    I think california did not allow bi-color handguns either, that may have changed.

Post imported post

Freakin' nutczak. Your relatives causing trouble? :P

A bi-tone XD is what sparked this whole thing. A woman came in with a silver on black XD, and they told her to get bent.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

To avoid that litigation, Attorney General Peter Nickles said the city decided to expand its list of legal weapons to include those listed on Maryland's and Massachusetts's "safe gun rosters."
    What is a "safe gun" ?

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    To avoid that litigation, Attorney General Peter Nickles said the city decided to expand its list of legal weapons to include those listed on Maryland's and Massachusetts's "safe gun rosters."
    What is a "safe gun" ?
    Here is a thread on the CalGuns forum that seems to describe this farce pretty well. The short answer to your question is "one that has had a fee paid for to be included on a list".

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=81127

TFred

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    What is a "safe gun" ?
    ALL guns are safe. It's the person that is holding it that may be a problem.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Statesman wrote:
    What is a "safe gun" ?
    Here is a thread on the CalGuns forum that seems to describe this farce pretty well. The short answer to your question is "one that has had a fee paid for to be included on a list".

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=81127

TFred
    Springfield Armory paid the extortion fee, but the powers that be require a seperate fee to be paid for each color, or color combination of the same exact firearm. So the All black XD was on the approved list, but because it was not all black it was considered a No-Go from the brain-trust running the scam. Since when does a color alter the operation of a firearm?? oh yeah, those evil black rifles are banned too!

Post imported post

I recall reading somewhere, perhaps here, that California's banned-handgun list includes Colt's Python.

What could be the reasoning (I use the word with a chuckle) behind such a decision?

Can anyone post a copy of this list? My interest is purely academic. The California I knew in '56 is gone forever and I'll never return.

Post imported post

This is a step in the right direction. Elimination of an "approved" roster would be better.

Post imported post

"What is a "safe gun" ?

It's not up to the states to decide..... However a Tokarev in the hands of someone who has no idea of how to operate it is a VERY unsafe SITUATION. Not to go off on a tangent, but for a dealer to sell a Tokarev to a woman who has never handled a gun just b/c the price is right is VERY irresponsible.

I know of a dealer who did just that. Fine it has a safety to comply with "California" like standards, but how does a neophyte lower the hammer safely? There are a lot of reasons that fuel the anti's stupid laws, but our carelessness with storing, access to kids, SELLING THE WRONG GUNS to the wrong people fuel a lot of the problems. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!

Post imported post

vermonter wrote:
    "What is a "safe gun" ?

It's not up to the states to decide..... However a Tokarev in the hands of someone who has no idea of how to operate it is a VERY unsafe SITUATION. Not to go off on a tangent, but for a dealer to sell a Tokarev to a woman who has never handled a gun just b/c the price is right is VERY irresponsible.

I know of a dealer who did just that. Fine it has a safety to comply with "California" like standards, but how does a neophyte lower the hammer safely? There are a lot of reasons that fuel the anti's stupid laws, but our carelessness with storing, access to kids, SELLING THE WRONG GUNS to the wrong people fuel a lot of the problems. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!
    A neophyte lowers the hammer safely exactly as a "pro" does - WITH THE MUZZLE POINTED DOWNRANGE OR IN A SAFE DIRECTION. Even a decocking safety cn fail, which is why my PPK/s spent a 2 1/2 month "vacation" in Maine gettting its decocker refitted in a recall.

BTW what are you trying to do, upstage me with the Security Police Shield in color? (24th SPS Howard AFB Panama; 1001st SPS Andrews AFB Md.)

Post imported post

A "safe gun" in my neck of the woods is a gun that never sees the light of day and is kept in the safe.