Thread: Detroit Police

Post imported post

Had a conversation with a individual on Friday about o/c. He rufused to believe that o/c was legal , we discussed this for an hour until i gave up and went to retrive the iformation pamphlet which he then was shocked. He told me he had a friend who was a DP officer and that he was coming over today I told him to ask then show him the information i gave him ,and i told him i will be coming over o/c ing with his permission. Will see what happens.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

You should print out the MSP Legal Update instead.

Post imported post

Did that too, I gave him everything i could find. thanks

Post imported post

Overload em with info from so many credible sources that they cannot help but realize it's legal
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Or send them to a MOC meeting.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

We know the DPD already has problems with OC. Ask TheSzerdi or Veritas. Both have had major problems with them. Veritas got the better end of the deal, TheSzerdi, unfortunately did not, and has court in order to get his confinscated property back.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

well i talked to the D P officer while o/c ing and to my suprise he was good with it and said he knew it was legal to o/c, We talked a bit and i went on my way. Not a bad guy he has been a police officer for over 20 years.

Post imported post

I have to believe that most of the trouble comes from officers and unit commanders that choose to ignore the law rather than that they don't know the law.

I think they have an idea that it shouldn't be legal so thats how they handle it. Untill we call them on it often enough they will just keep on jerkin people around and making a bad name for the good LEO's out there.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

If they all knew the laws as good as they thought, they should be lawyers. They'd get paid more.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.