• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Police

Devildog

imported post

Had a conversation with a individual on Friday about o/c. He rufused to believe that o/c was legal , we discussed this for an hour until i gave up and went to retrive the iformation pamphlet which he then was shocked. He told me he had a friend who was a DP officer and that he was coming over today I told him to ask then show him the information i gave him ,and i told him i will be coming over o/c ing with his permission. Will see what happens.

malignity

imported post

We know the DPD already has problems with OC. Ask TheSzerdi or Veritas. Both have had major problems with them. Veritas got the better end of the deal, TheSzerdi, unfortunately did not, and has court in order to get his confinscated property back.

Devildog

imported post

well i talked to the D P officer while o/c ing and to my suprise he was good with it and said he knew it was legal to o/c, We talked a bit and i went on my way. Not a bad guy he has been a police officer for over 20 years.

autosurgeon

imported post

I have to believe that most of the trouble comes from officers and unit commanders that choose to ignore the law rather than that they don't know the law.

I think they have an idea that it shouldn't be legal so thats how they handle it. Untill we call them on it often enough they will just keep on jerkin people around and making a bad name for the good LEO's out there.