Thread: OC in Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach area

Post imported post

My wife and I are planning to retire to the Wilmington area soon. I spent my youth at Wrightsville Beach and the LEO's were not so kind back then. Does anyone have any experience carrying in this area?

Post imported post

I open carry all the time in Wilmington and have never had a problem with cops or any employees of the businesses I have been in(all big nationwide businesses).

Post imported post

What about Wrightsville Beach/Pleasure Island (Carolina, Kure and Fort Fisher)?

Post imported post

I have been to Carolina beach with it but none of the other places. No problems there either.

Post imported post

No issues. I have family there, one being a deputy. Bad part of the area is the lack of ranges. Only one in Wilmington.

Post imported post

Looks like Brunswick County will be where we retire due to economics (a lot cheaper than New Hanover). Just wondering what the situation is like in Oak Island, and the surrounding beaches. I own a Glock 17 and a Kimber 1911full size. Probably look for a sub-compact for CCW but like the idea of open carry.

Post imported post

I was in wrightsville beach a few weaks ago and OCed with no problems.

Post imported post

I hear and see people post about open carry in the Wilmington area all the time. I have yet to see anyone without a police officer carrying openly. And I look all the time. I am not a big fan of open carry as it negates the element of surprise. But I respect and defend other's who choose to do so. I have observedsome of the local officers in this area and would fear having a muzzle in my head should I elect to open carry.

Post imported post

I will be in Wilmington tomorrow OCing. Running some errands. Let me know if you want to have lunch or something.