• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wyoming open carry near schools?

MichaelWDean

imported post

Anyone know about this or know where there are links?

The place we're moving in Wyoming is about 1700 feet from a public school. We have no need or desire to go on the school grounds, but are there laws regarding open carry nearby? Will we have to check a map before going for a walk in our neighborhood, and say "Well, we can't go past X street while carrying"?

Also, if there are laws, are they different in the summer when school's out, and/or at night when there are no kids at the school?

Any links or input welcome.

Thanks!
MWD

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

I'm not familiar with state laws, but there's the federal law of how you must be 1000' from a school if you're armed, unless you have a carry permit from that state.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member