Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Why am I here?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Dude, why are you here? Are you for open carry, or not? Your only purpose seems to be Mark's unauthorized biographer. You never talk about OC advocacy or gun rights. It's tedious reading your trolling. You talk and talk and talk, and you never expound a right, advocate freedom or talk about how to reduce governmental power. Just what is your purpose here? If Mark were into knitting, would you follow him to a knitting forum? Dude, seriously...
    I'm here because I OC sometimes. I'm here to represent OCers who are not wackos. I am not anti-LEO, anti-government, anti-CC, or anti-gun. I'm here to show you can be a responsible member of society and OC. I'm here to say every LEO who asks you questions is not trampling your civil rights. I'm here to say that many people do not understand OC and are alarmed when they see it. I'm here to say going to business to stir up trouble is not good for OC. I'm here to say worshiping wackos who threaten to kill governmental officials is bad. I am here to laugh at trolls who call others trolls. I'm here to say OCing should be done for reasons other than ego. Since MEM is doing his thing in this area, where I live, I find him interesting. I can relate to the outlet mall where he was arrested. I've been there. I've been to Bass Pro in Denham. I know cops who aren't "nazis", as you put it. I'm here to say not all cops are anti-OC. I did not come here just to correct or discredit you or anyone, although that might be a by-product of my being here. I've learned much in my short time being here, not just about OC, but things like who the wackos are.

    No one is forcing you to read my posts.

    For all I know Mark may be into knitting. If he is, good for him. I did not follow him or you here.
    Why did you come here?
    I am not here because I got banned from another forum.
    I am not here to spout rhetoric.
    If everywhere you go someone is against you then sooner or later you gotta figure out the problem is you.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    derf wrote:
    Dude, why are you here? Are you for open carry, or not? Your only purpose seems to be Mark's unauthorized biographer. You never talk about OC advocacy or gun rights. It's tedious reading your trolling. You talk and talk and talk, and you never expound a right, advocate freedom or talk about how to reduce governmental power. Just what is your purpose here? If Mark were into knitting, would you follow him to a knitting forum? Dude, seriously...
    I'm here because I OC sometimes.
    Great.

    I'm here to represent OCers who are not wackos.
    Where "non-wacko" is a nebulous term, defined by you, and means, precisely, you.

    I am not anti-LEO,
    What would you do if you saw two cops sneaking up behind a visibly peacable OC'er, with full intent to attack him?

    ...anti-government,...
    Thanks for keeping my taxes high. One day, I hope you big-government types realize that Liberty cannot survive in the presence of your big government.

    ...anti-CC, or anti-gun.
    Well, good for us.

    I'm here to show you can be a responsible member of society and OC.
    Just how would you show that here? Is that point even in dispute? Nah, this is a red herring.

    I'm here to say every LEO who asks you questions is not trampling your civil rights.
    A straw man, of course, since that statement is never in dispute here. Confine your retorts to arguments that were actually made.

    I'm here to say that many people do not understand OC and are alarmed when they see it.
    So? Are you for OC, or are you not? Does OC ever make you uncomfortable?

    I'm here to say going to business to stir up trouble is not good for OC.
    More straw man. Further, try getting behind an OC'er, for once. Just once, stand up, and back one of our guys and take our side. If OC'ers are always wrong, you no friend of ours, and you're in the wrong group.

    I'm here to say worshiping wackos who threaten to kill governmental officials is bad.
    You know, I just saw "Valkyrie," last night. They made an adulating movie in the honor of Col. Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg. Do you disagree with honoring Col. Stauffenberg and his efforts? Do you think Col. Stauffenberg was wrong?

    I am here to laugh at trolls who call others trolls.
    Thou dost protest too much.

    I'm here to say OCing should be done for reasons other than ego.
    1. How do you know what anyone thinks?

    2. Or what?

    Since MEM is doing his thing in this area, where I live, I find him interesting.
    "Interesting." Odd word to describe a man who is a leader of our cause.

    I can [r]elate to the outlet mall where he was arrested. I've been there.
    And...?

    I've been to Bass Pro in Denham.
    And...?

    I know cops who aren't "nazis", as you put it.
    So do I. So what? When is that at issue? I also know the government employs many, many who are.

    I'm here to say not all cops are anti-OC.
    Straw man. When has that been profferred?

    I did not come here just to correct or discredit you or anyone, although that might be a by-product of my being here.
    It seems you have no compelling reason to be here, at all. You spout vapid platitudes and never come near advocating the very purpose of this forum.

    I've learned much in my short time being here, not just about OC, but things like who the wackos are.
    And who the reactionary conformists are.

    No one is forcing you to read my posts.
    And no one is forcing you to post here.

    For all I know Mark may be into knitting. If he is, good for him. I did not follow him or you here.
    Are you a plant? Are you here on behalf of your employer? Are you

    Why did you come here?
    The same reason as you, presumably.

    I am an OC advocate, and I am looking for any and all ways to have every American on every street openly carrying. I am looking to have as much open carry as is possible and to defend those who openly carry from attack.

    Do you agree with every word of this?

    I am not here because I got banned from another forum.
    You must not frequent many pro-Liberty forums, then. If you do, the pro-Liberty guys must have such devotion to the cause not to shut down your account.

    I am not here to spout rhetoric.
    You've failed.

    If everywhere you go someone is against you then sooner or later you gotta figure out the problem is you.
    Then change yourself. Or not. I don't care. If you're going to stick around here, know that the forum is not markcarry.com, but opencarry.com. Get with the OC program.



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Where "non-wacko" is a nebulous term, defined by you, and means, precisely, you.
    I did not use the term "non-wacko" and I didn't mention you specifically. But, since you seem to accept the label, maybe it fits. BTW, I am not the only one here who thinks that some others here are wackos.

    What would you do if you saw two cops sneaking up behind a visibly peacable OC'er, with full intent to attack him?
    I would assume they had a good reason for "attacking" him. Maybe he threatened to kill some legislators.

    Although I don't know of cops who go around attacking people.



    Are you a plant? Are you here on behalf of your employer? Are you
    Paranoid, too?

    I am an OC advocate, and I am looking for any and all ways to have every American on every street openly carrying. I am looking to have as much open carry as is possible and to defend those who openly carry from attack. Do you agree with every word of this?
    Unrealistic. That will never happen, no matter what you do or think. That reveals a flaw in your agenda. This forum is to promote OC, not push it on everyone. Everyone here with a shred of common sense knows that you are not going to have "every American on every street openly carrying." If ever there was a wacko statement, that is.

    You must not frequent many pro-Liberty forums, then. If you do, the pro-Liberty guys must have such devotion to the cause not to shut down your account.
    No, but I'm sure you are a big hit there, too.

    Thanks for keeping my taxes high. One day, I hope you big-government types realize that Liberty cannot survive in the presence of your big government.
    My statement was "I am not anti-government." Can you not read? Or, are you on a tangent, writing for the benefit of someone else who is pro-"big-government"?



    It is nearly impossible to keep this from becoming a personal attack when you are so full of crap.





  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    224

    Post imported post

    derf wrote:
    I'm here to show you can be a responsible member of society and OC.
    How about coming to participate and not to "show" us anything. I'm sorry but though you may have intended another shot at those you disagree with your post is condescending to everyone on this forum. That may not have been your intent but that is how it came across to me. People don'tcome to this forum to be "shown" anything. We come here for enjoyment, information and an interchange of ideas with those we choose to talk to.

    Just a suggestion but how about you just ignore the people you don't like and state your opinions. You write well and makesome good points in your posts. That is all you need to do. Beyond that you can choose wiselywho you respond to.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    JT wrote:
    derf wrote:
    I'm here to show you can be a responsible member of society and OC.
    How about coming to participate and not to "show" us anything.
    Good god, people are so oversensitive and overanalyze EVERY WORD people say...

    I doubt he means "HEY EVERYONE I OC YOU CAN TO!" more or leses "I OC to sometimes" to let people know more people are OCing.

    stop nit picking people's writings for goodness sake, that's why one thread was locked down, Louisiana may need to be locked for a day or two at this rate

    So how's the weather for you guys today? Like a friggin furnace at scrapin the coast today...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    derf wrote:
    Where "non-wacko" is a nebulous term, defined by you, and means, precisely, you.
    I did not use the term "non-wacko".
    There's no polite way to say this, so I'll be blunt. If you had a proper education, you'd know that yes, you did say exactly that. Sorry, but this is elementary Logic.

    What would you do if you saw two cops sneaking up behind a visibly peacable OC'er, with full intent to attack him?
    I would assume they had a good reason for "attacking" him. Maybe he threatened to kill some legislators. Although I don't know of cops who go around attacking people.
    Wow.

    Unrealistic. That will never happen, no matter what you do or think. That reveals a flaw in your agenda. This forum is to promote OC, not push it on everyone. Everyone here with a shred of common sense knows that you are not going to have "every American on every street openly carrying." If ever there was a wacko statement, that is.
    I see you have no familiarity with Mike's billboards. If you don't know of Mike's work, just how did you get to this place? Why do you oppose advocating open carry to every person in the country? I think it's a great idea. We need more billboards, Mike.

    Further, a project is not a failure if it doesn't meet all its aspirations. Dude, really. Get real. What are you? Is Microsoft a failure because not every computer runs Windows? You'd be fun in a sales review meeting.

    My statement was "I am not anti-government."
    And my statement was "thanks for keeping my taxes high." Dude, this is really simple stuff. Seriously, dude...

    It is nearly impossible to keep this from becoming a personal attack when you are so full of crap.
    There's your lesson, then. Quit talking about me, you and Mike, and start talking about open carry. You refuse to advocate the one subject that this forum was created to serve.

    Dude, seriously...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    224

    Post imported post

    Johnny_B wrote:
    Good god, people are so oversensitive and overanalyze EVERY WORD people say...

    I doubt he means "HEY EVERYONE I OC YOU CAN TO!" more or leses "I OC to sometimes" to let people know more people are OCing.
    Your point is noted but that isn't what I thought he was saying and I did give him them benefit of the doubt concerning his intent. I still think the point I made was valid.

    And yes, it was hot today.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    JT wrote:
    Johnny_B wrote:
    Good god, people are so oversensitive and overanalyze EVERY WORD people say...

    I doubt he means "HEY EVERYONE I OC YOU CAN TO!" more or leses "I OC to sometimes" to let people know more people are OCing.
    Your point is noted but that isn't what I thought he was saying and I did give him them benefit of the doubt concerning his intent. I still think the point I made was valid.

    And yes, it was hot today.
    I'll give you that

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    How about coming to participate and not to "show" us anything.
    Not show you. You already know. Show people who are anti-OC or anti-gun that not everyone who is pro-OC and/or pro-gun is an extreme anti-government wacko. I realize there are many honest, normal people who are pro-gun and pro-OC. I stand with you an we are examples. I don't stand with s357 because he seems to think OC and extreme anti-government wackoism are one in the same.

    People don't come to this forum to be "shown" anything.
    I disagree with that because I do come here to be shown. I come here to learn, rather than teach. I can respect opinions that differ from mine but not when they are entwined with rhetoric and bologna. If topics are full of facts, logic, argument/debate, and truth, then this becomes a source of learning for readers and contributors.

    ""What would you do if you saw two cops sneaking up behind a visibly peacable OC'er, with full intent to attack him?"
    I would assume they had a good reason for "attacking" him. Maybe he threatened to kill some legislators. Although I don't know of cops who go around attacking people.
    " Wow.
    Is wow all you can say about that? Really? Do you patrol around protecting OCers from cops who are about to attack? Are you really that paranoid?
    Please take a video camera with you everywhere you go and capture moments like that so we can all see you in action. We would love to see you fighting for liberty or getting tazed and arrested.


    Why do you oppose advocating open carry to every person in the country?
    I don't.
    You really cannot read and comprehend. And you have the nerve to question my education? Dude, seriously! LOL I do not oppose advocating open carry to anyone. That is NOT what I wrote.
    I am an OC advocate, and I am looking for any and all ways to have every American on every street openly carrying.
    My response was and still is that is unrealistic. You did not write that you wanted to advocate OC to everyone.

    I do not need to post further about you because anyone who reads your posts will soon figure out exactly what you are.




  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    derf wrote:
    I am an OC advocate, and I am looking for any and all ways to have every American on every street openly carrying.
    My response was and still is that is unrealistic.
    Indeed, but I have your unwavering and perpetual pledge of support, on these very pages, for using all means and talents to strive toward such a happy end, correct?

    You must realise that this is the sine non qua of our endeavour here.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sulphur, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    :?

    When I found this site,:what: Wow more people who think like I do.
    Great, I might like to meet some of these guys.
    After lurking here for a while, I think not.

    I see a lot of back biting and arguing. Yeah I know my post count is low.
    Some of you guys remind me of people I used to work with.
    Baiting and provoking to anger seemed to be the name of the game.
    Why are any of us here?
    Consider how the LoUISiAna forum may appear to an outsider.


    OK, I'll go back to lurking.







  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Indeed, but I have your unwavering and perpetual pledge of support, on these very pages, for using all means and talents to strive toward such a happy end, correct? You must realise that this is the sine non qua of our endeavour here.
    No, you do not have my support for anything.

    If this is your board and that is your requisite then you can ban me. Your purpose here and my purpose here are clearly divergent. Striving toward an end that you know to be impossible might be a sign of insanity.

    Enough, troll.


  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    derf wrote:
    Indeed, but I have your unwavering and perpetual pledge of support, on these very pages, for using all means and talents to strive toward such a happy end, correct? You must realise that this is the sine non qua of our endeavour here.
    No, you do not have my support for anything.
    Knew it.

    You're not one of us. Whatever team your on isn't ours.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    derf wrote:
    Indeed, but I have your unwavering and perpetual pledge of support, on these very pages, for using all means and talents to strive toward such a happy end, correct? You must realise that this is the sine non qua of our endeavour here.
    No, you do not have my support for anything.
    Knew it.

    You're not one of us. Whatever team your on isn't ours.
    I wasn't aware that there was a team?

    Just because you OC and he OCs (at times) and person B OCs and person C OCs ect. at al...

    Doesn't mean you have to agree, like each other, support each other, or even talk to each other.

    Just stop antagonizing each other, it's doing NO GOOD for anyone, we all know where both of you stand and it's gotten old FAST.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Knew it. You're not one of us. Whatever team your on isn't ours.
    One of you? A Floridian? Wearer of tinfoil hat?

    What team(s) are you on? Can we see the roster? Do you have uniforms?

    Please define the "us" you write about.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post


    Just stop antagonizing each other, it's doing NO GOOD for anyone, we all know where both of you stand and it's gotten old FAST.
    You're right. It has gotten old. Even I can only laugh at a clown for so long before it becomes sad and pathetic.

    I'll try harder to ignore him.

  17. #17
    Regular Member barf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nawlins, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    The time for debate is over. We need to stop talking and start acting. Better yet, we need to hinder the power of subversive mafia dons like Derf. Before I say anything else, let me remind Derf that one can usually be pretty sure when he's lying. Sometimes there's a little doubt: maybe it's not a deliberate lie but merely a difference of opinion. But when Derf claims that the cure for evil is more evil, there's no room for ambiguity: he's lying. Let me end this post by pointing out that the battle to create and nurture a true spirit of community is now joined on many fronts. We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and, we will not fail.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •