• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Kids Safe After Robbery And Kidnapping

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://cbs13.com/local/Kids.Safe.After.2.1052513.html

Jun 19, 2009

2 Kids Safe After Robbery And Kidnapping

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) ― A ten-year-old boy and a three-month-old baby were inside an SUV that was stolen from their parents own driveway, and the man driving totaled the vehicle with the children inside.

Three-month-old Takiya Haygood is back in her mother's arms, as well as her ten-year-old half-brother Victor Jr. Both of the children survived a kidnapping and a would-be fatal crash.

Just after midnight on Thursday, the family was back from a road trip to Bakersfield. As they walked into their home, they find that burglars were robbing their residence. The house had been completely ransacked.

One of the suspects, now on the run, took off in the family's SUV which was parked in the driveway, with the kids still inside. Suddenly, the family was in a fight for their lives.

"You know I didn't know if he was going to freak out and kill them or leave the car abandoned and we would have to find them," says the children's mother. "Once the car drove off it seemed like everything went pitch black."

Then suddenly the two stunned parents heard the sound of a crash.

Just around the corner, the SUV had slammed into a concrete fence. The vehicle was totaled, the airbags deployed and the suspect running for his life. Fortunately, the children were safe.

"I didn't care where those people went. I didn't care about the car, you know we had our kids," says the children's mother.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Here's the story we might be reading if the parents were able/willing to carry firearms:

One man is dead and another in serious condition at UC Davis tonight. The men were ransacking a Sacramento home when the residents returned and found a suspicious vehicle in the driveway. It turns out their home was being robbed.

The homeowner called 9-1-1 from his cell phone, but the supsects came out of the home and attempted to flee. Since the van loaded with the family's goods was blocked by the homeowner's minivan, the supsects pulled weapons and attempted to carjack the minivan... with the couple's young children still inside.

Fearing for their lives and the safety of their children, the couple drew their handguns and defended themselves.

The family were startled by the commotion, but were not injured.

UC Davis officials refused to comment on the suspect's condition, but our sources tell us he is expected to recover. Police say he will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies if/when he is released from the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh wait... this is the media... they would surely call them "high powered" or "large caliber" handguns... and they would refer to the supsects as the "victims". There should also be a "wild west" reference in there somewhere, as well as a police chief advising people against "vigilantism" and to instead "let the police do their jobs."